LM_NET  May 2018

LM_NET May 2018

How Would MLK's Assasination Play out on Social Media Today?! "Stuff" for your History Teachers

Andrew Van Zyl <[log in to unmask]>

Andrew Van Zyl <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 May 2018 15:36:44 +0200

Dear All

Today I am taking the liberty of despatching some of the clips I have
collected over the past week or so which may be of interest to your History
teachers (or whatever you call them in your neck of the woods :)) As
always, just shout if you would like this kind of newsletter in a more
attractive format.

Yours, Andrew
PS In hunting for material I try to look for items which refer to current
events-eg Kanye West's comments on slavery-and which I think might
therefore be on History teacher's radar. In other words please don't infer
an ideological point of view from any of my choices :)

How The News Of MLK's Assassination Would Look Today I BuzzFeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzrDnvwQZyE

What The Space Race Would Look Like Today I BuzzFeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gdrGVsyTe8

George Washington: The First President of the United States | Biography
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPdnoz9If_0
Theodore Roosevelt: The 26th President of the United States| Biography
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-M1-VqEEPA

Pain and terror: America remembers its past I The Guardian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg1HvexuNKM
Why Kanye West Is Wrong About Slavery | NYT News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMzmnAQhtzg

Slavery Scenarios Infect U.S. Schools | The Daily Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4MR9QR1eAI

Leningrad (World War 2 Documentary) | Timeline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Hx7nvIdAs

Winnie Madikizela-Mandela: Her life and death in the media | Al Jazeera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqFxMS1TRq4
Was Karl Marx right? | The Economist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMmDebW_OBI

Who was Karl Marx? | DW Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FaOKNpAiIM

Exhibit examines hidden meanings in art from Nazi Germany I PBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgDoGa_aGXs

4 in 10 millennials don't know 6 million Jews were killed in Holocaust,
survey shows I CBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6NL0mAFd8

Andrew van Zyl
School Librarian