LM_NET  August 2018

LM_NET August 2018

Requesting Words of Wisdom from School Librarians

Renee F Hill <[log in to unmask]>

Renee F Hill <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Aug 2018 11:46:09 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am a Senior Lecturer and the director of the School Library
Specialization at the University of Maryland's College of Information
Studies.

It is really important to me to offer my students a variety of learning
opportunities. I believe that learning from the experiences of current (and
former) practitioners is an excellent way for students to prepare for their
future careers, and I would like to share your words of wisdom with them.

Please help me by sharing a brief quote (or more if you like) based on your
professional experiences that would be helpful for someone who is preparing
to begin a career in librarianship. Another way to think about this is: "*What
do I wish someone had told me before I became a librarian*?"

If you do share your insight, please know that the only information I will
share with students is:
1. Your wise words;
2. The library setting in which you work;
3. The state or country you're in; and
4. The number of years you've been a practitioner.

Thank you so much for reading this message and thank you in advance for
helping my students! Here's a link that will allow you to provide your
response: [https://goo.gl/forms/YuYDlq1XAu5q0NdS2]

Sincerely,

Renee Hill
____________________________________
*“**Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for
others?' **”*
*–Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.*

Dr. Renee F. Hill
Senior Lecturer | Director, School Library Specialization | Associate
Diversity & Inclusion Officer| Equity Administrator

University of Maryland
College of Information Studies
4130 Campus Drive
4121A Hornbake Building South Wing