LM_NET  May 2018

LM_NET May 2018

Re: Last-minute short story suggestions for 9th graders?

Connie Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Connie Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 7 May 2018 10:58:37 -0700

What if he took the students to the library to gather their own short story collections… and they shared the stories, wrote about how they work together as a collection… things like that.  He could probably do many of the same activities he’d do with an all one-read story. But with collections, there’d be so much more to share and more activities that could be accomplished.

  Doing it this way spreads the short story wealth and shows the many ways that stories are written. There are so many wonderful short story collections…
Just a thought.

Connie Williams
National Board Certified
Teacher Librarian
707-778-7524

Chat with me about library/classroom topics on my blog posts at Knowledge Quest <http://knowledgequest.aasl.org/author/cwilliams/>

"They always say time changes things,
but you actually have to change them yourself."
Andy Warhol