New schedule Help Please!

Julie Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 8 Aug 2018 11:17:11 -0500

I am at a new school and have a totally different schedule than I am used
to.  I have the same class for a 50 minute block for 5 consecutive days.
The classes within a grade level rotate weekly.  I have 3rd and 4th grades.
Yes, I am providing planning time for the teacher.

I am excited about the opportunities this schedule allows but getting
started with planning is throwing me for a loop.  I am used to planning a
daily lesson plan schedule that repeats itself for a week not a weekly
schedule that repeats itself for a month.  I'm thinking of open centers on
Fridays (and maybe Thursdays too) as I do have a small but growing
collection of MakerSpace activities. I also have been asked to incorporate
writing as much as possible since our students really need this skill.

Does anyone already have a schedule or something similar?  Any thoughts,
advice or suggestions are welcomed!  I really think I will love this once I
get in the routine of it.

TIA,

Julie Johnson
Bruce K. Craig Elementary