Job Title: Elementary Librarian Department: IT
Appointment: Full Time
Contract Period: 10 months
Reports to: Director of Library Services
Job Summary: The ideal candidate is positive, high energy, collaborative
and loves working with children and fostering a passion for literature. The
candidate will have a thorough working knowledge of literature and authors
as they relate to the early childhood and elementary setting, strong skills
in teaching effective research methods, and a proficiency in the use of
technology. A master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent and 3-5
years of experience working with children ages 2 and up is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Support the mission of the school and the Dominican Charism.
● Conduct weekly storytime classes for students in PK2-SK
● Conduct weekly library classes with a focus on digital citizenship,
research skills, and
appreciation of literature with students in SAA and SDS lower schools.
● Collaborate with ECC teachers to promote literacy and a love of
reading in the early
● Create a welcoming and vibrant atmosphere in the lower school library
● Curate and maintain a strong collection of literature for ECC and
elementary students that
supports the Catholic mission of the school
● Catalog and process books as necessary
● Maintain the lower school library collection including but not
limited to weekly shelving,
weeding, inventorying, and evaluating the collection as deemed necessary
by the Director
● Promote library programming and services by consistent communication
collaboration with the teachers and school population
● Participate in library programming including but not limited to book
book clubs and other literacy initiatives
● Assist teachers with the integration and use of technology and
applications as they relate
to the specific curriculum goals
Other duties and requirements
● Have a moderate to advanced level of comfort with the use of
hardware and software applications used in the school
● Stay up to date with the latest technologies and curriculum trends
collaboratively with teachers to implement these new initiatives
● Have a solid understanding of the essentials of effective library
● Possess the ability to create a class environment in which students
feel safe, supported
and challenged to engage deeply in meaningful work
● Have a strong sense of personal accountability for student engagement
● Maintain a commitment to being a thoughtful and reflective
● Be committed to collaboration with colleagues
● Welcome feedback and make continual adjustments in teaching practices
● Show a commitment to continued professional development and a growth
● Feel comfortable supporting the needs of the IT department as a
● Have a working knowledge of the Mac OS and iOS operating systems.
St. Agnes Academy – St. Dominic School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
dedicated to promoting diversity in the workplace and strongly urges all
qualified individuals to apply.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents: cover
letter, resume, and employment application (found on our school website at
www.saa-sds.org) to Sara Casey, Director of Library Services at
[log in to unmask] or
4830 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, TN 38117.
"Anyone can find the dirt in someone, be the one that finds the gold."
Please note: All LM_NET postings are protected by copyright law.
You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
by adding [log in to unmask] to your e-mail address book.
To change your LM_NET status, send a message to: [log in to unmask] (not to [log in to unmask])
In the body of the message write the command that is appropriate to your request:
1) SIGNOFF LM_NET (this will remove you from the list)
2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL (this will suspend mail delivery, but will not remove you from the list)
3) SET LM_NET MAIL (this will resume mail delivery)
4) SET LM_NET DIGEST (this will group individual posts into several daily messages)
* To contact an LM_NET Moderator: [log in to unmask]
* LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.lm-net.info/
* LM_NET Archive: http://lmnet-archive.iis.syr.edu/