LM_NET  June 2018

LM_NET June 2018

Fwd: Anne of Green Gables Day at Dirt Candy!

libby4g <[log in to unmask]>

libby4g <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 9 Jun 2018 15:27:54 -0400

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Saturday, June 9, 2018, Dirt Candy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Canada Day is Sunday, July 1, and Dirt Candy is celebrating by declaring it

Anne of Green Gables Day!

That's right! On the 110th birthday of the book, we're honoring everyone's favorite redheaded Canadian orphan by holding a whole Anne of Green Gables Party!!! From 11am - 6pm you'll be able to order from a special Anne of Green Gables Menu (redheads get free ice cream!), we'll be screening every version of Anne of Green Gables we can find, and everyone who comes will get a free copy of the book!

All you have to do is make a reservation either on Open Table, or give us a call (212-228-7732).

And, yes, there will be raspberry cordial!

We'll be serving up a whole Anne of Green Gables menu. What's on it? A combination of Canadian dishes and dishes straight out of Anne of Green Gables, like:

▪	Tomato Biscuits
“Mrs. Rachel and Marilla sat comfortably in the parlor while Anne got the tea and made hot biscuits that were light and white enough to defy even Mrs. Rachel’s criticism.”
▪	Macaroni Pie with Canadian Cheddar!
▪	Poetical Egg Salad Sandwiches!
▪	Splendid Lettuce Salad!
“Oh, Anne, mayn’t I help you cook the dinner?” implored Diana. “You know I can make splendid lettuce salad.”
▪	Saucy Cauliflower
▪	Cowcumber Boats
“I’ll do the best I can for you in the way of tea but I warn you not to expect anything but bread and butter and some cowcumbers.”
▪	Corny Hush Puppies with Maple Butter!
▪	Chocolate and Raspberry Goblins Food Cake
“I dreamed last night that I was chased all around by a fearful goblin with a big layer cake for a head.”
▪	Carrot French Toast with Ginger Butter (because Anne is a carrot top and a ginger)
"Come here, child, and let me have a look at you. Lawful heart, did anyone ever see such freckles? And hair as red as carrots!
▪	Raspberry Cordial!
▪	Blueberry Lemonade!
▪	Currant Mimosas!
And a whole lot more!

So come on down and Celebrate Canada Day on Sunday, July 1 by celebrating Canada's favorite redhead!

See you there!
Amanda

©2018 Dirt Candy | 86 Allen Street, New York City, NY 10002

Web Version   Preferences   Forward   Unsubscribe