Thanks for all of the suggestions! I thought I'd pass them along for all to see.
* 2 luggage tags for each of our graduating senior aides and/or book club members. It is a very small gift, but we wrap them up cutely. We use Canva to make the business cards. It's very easy, as they have tons of nice looking templates. Then run them through our school's cold laminating machine using hard laminating pouches from Office Depot. I think the laminating pouches are about $17 for 25. So, it's an inexpensive but useful gift for graduates. We put their names on one side and a nice book/literary quote on the other side.
* I always try to give something, but with 10-15 aides I can't really spend over $10 each. I have given $10 iTunes cards, $5 gift cards for the Sonic drive-in, or a goodie bag of snacks. This year I decided to do something different. There is an organization I like to support called Thistle Farms in Nashville, which works with women survivors of trafficking and abuse. https://thistlefarms.org/ They grow herbs and make soaps and lotions that are really yummy, and they do such good work.
* I realized that their little purse-sized lotions and shave gels were only $5-7, so I bought a variety and put a brochure about the organization with each one. I don't think my seniors were all that excited about them, but I helped a good cause, and nobody doesn't like lotion.
* Book ends, a mug from the school or a mug with something book/reading related on it (I have a mug with famous first lines from novels - love it!), school library personalized bookmark with your names and English teacher names, laminated..
* I usually do gift cards to restaurants or for gas; necessary items for the college-bound or just life in general.
* Book store gift cards!
* The Library of Congress online store<https://library-of-congress-shop.myshopify.com/collections/card-catalog> has some good possibilities such as the "library card socks<https://library-of-congress-shop.myshopify.com/collections/card-catalog/products/library-card-socks?variant=5908131329>" ... although perhaps better suited for a girl.
* I always got mine towel sets. :)
* Last year I gave my volunteers a journal..the cover looked like a date due card...nice sturdy cover. Pages for notes, etc.
* Lots of great library and book related stuff here. I have gotten my aides t-shirts, tote bags, socks, you name it! https://store.bookriot.com/
* This year, our aides really made a point of letting us know what their interests are outside of school. Two of them are learning to/good at cooking so we purchased Joy of Cooking for them (awesome deal at Amazon a few weeks ago). Another aide is a mom and we got Oh the Places You'll Go for both her as a graduate and so that she can read it to her son. Another is a big gamer and we got her a gift card to STEAM so that she could purchase a game that she wants. This is not how every year works out. Sometimes we purchase the same item for all aides-a Barnes & Noble gift card or something like that.
* Last year I gave my seniors cheap sunglasses I ordered in bulk off Amazon, then added a little tag that said, “Your future’s so bright, gotta wear shades!”
Mrs. Chelsea Almer
Archbishop McNicholas High School
513.231.3500 ext. 5818
[1503587816179_facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/McNicholasHighSchool/> [1503587833569_instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/mcnicholashs/> <https://twitter.com/McNicholasHS> [1503587847334_twitter] <https://twitter.com/McNicholasHS>
Please note: All LM_NET postings are protected by copyright law.
You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
by adding [log in to unmask] to your e-mail address book.
To change your LM_NET status, send a message to: [log in to unmask] (not to [log in to unmask])
In the body of the message write the command that is appropriate to your request:
1) SIGNOFF LM_NET (this will remove you from the list)
2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL (this will suspend mail delivery, but will not remove you from the list)
3) SET LM_NET MAIL (this will resume mail delivery)
4) SET LM_NET DIGEST (this will group individual posts into several daily messages)
* To contact an LM_NET Moderator: [log in to unmask]
* LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.lm-net.info/
* LM_NET Archive: http://lmnet-archive.iis.syr.edu/