Teaching kids to stay safe...

Andrew Van Zyl <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 May 2018 10:21:55 +0200

Dear All

Me again :) We have a school subject in South Africa called Life
Orientation, which tackles a host of life skills-taking care of oneself,
being a good citzen and a caring for those around oneself and so on. I know
that these kinds of issues are covered in other countries (often in
different subject areas) so if you think any of this may be useful to some
of your teachers feel free to pass it on.

Take care, Andrew

The Effects Of Alcohol May Be Worse Than Bad Breath | NBC News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mED-uJCVMk

The Face of Distracted Driving | AT&T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=trWe5FAqq_k
Is Cannabis A Gateway Drug? I Mashable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtc6MaEbilI

Loneliness linked to major life setbacks for millennials, study says I The
Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/apr/24/loneliness-linked-to-major-life-setbacks-for-millennials-study-says?subid=22852830&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

How an opioid addiction can eat your heart alive I PBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFnX_Q_B-ko

What does it feel like to detox? I Open University

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g-cib-43So

How To Meet New People (Even If You're An Introvert) I Business Insider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLGRN3QVEJI
The communication error we all make, and how it intensifies conflict | Big
Think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDPPZmXM8tY

Why Sexual Harassment Is Your Fault | BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu8EHrCoba4

How to minimise your exam stress - BBC Mind:Set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRXPlXWYPOM

High School’s First-Ever Girl Auto Mechanic Class Competes In Clunker
Competition | NBC Nightly News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aORAH0WSwGA
Living with Tourette's Syndrome: MisFITS Like Us I BBC Three
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y4CxSlHowY

Andrew van Zyl
School Librarian
Reeler Centre: Pinelands High School