LM_NET  June 2018

LM_NET June 2018

Join us: free data literacy conference July 11-12

Kristin Fontichiaro <[log in to unmask]>

Kristin Fontichiaro <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Jun 2018 22:52:21 -0400

REGISTER HERE <http://dataliteracy.si.umich.edu/conference>

[image: 4TDL FedReserve.png]

Hello, AASL members!

We are delighted to announce that registration for the free 4T Virtual
Conference on Data Literacy, to be held online from 12-5pm on July 11-12,
has opened! This is a satellite conference of the 4T Virtual Conference on
Educational Technology, which MAME has sponsored for the past few years,
and made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Presenters this year include the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, the
Association of Religious Data Archives, Susan Ballard, Tasha
Bergson-Michelson, Wendy Stephens, and Connie Williams. Here's an
abbreviated schedule:

*WEDNESDAY, JULY 1112:00 - 1:00pm Learning Data Science at the Library:
Lesson Plans on Data Literacy Skills 1:15 - 2:15pm All About You, Up For
Sale: How Data Brokers Like Cambridge Analytica Construct Consumer
Identities2:45 - 3:45pm Maps, Graphs, and More Oh My!: Reading and
Evaluating Data Visualizations 4:00 - 5:00pm Exploring Big Issues with Data
in Society: Using Case Studies with Students THURSDAY,  JULY 1212:00 -
1:00pm Building Data Literacy Among Students Using the ARDA’s Free Online
Resources1:15 - 2:15pm Practical obscurity: My right to fail versus your
right to know 2:45 - 3:45pm Fantastic Statistics and How to Use Them: Data
for School Newspaper Reporting 4:00 - 5:00pm Helping Students Ask Better
Questions About Data **All presentations times are in the Eastern time
zone.*
*While the conference is geared toward high school librarians and
educators, all are welcome. For non-Michigan educators, certificates of
attendance are available for a small fee.*

*Hope to see you there!*

*REGISTER HERE <http://dataliteracy.si.umich.edu/conference>*

*On behalf of our co-host ICPSR, please join us
<http://dataliteracy.si.umich.edu/conference>!*

Best,
Kristin

--