LM_NET  May 2018

LM_NET May 2018

Navigating Drought and Tracking Climate Migration-Stuff for your Geography teachers!

Andrew Van Zyl <[log in to unmask]>

Andrew Van Zyl <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 May 2018 13:25:09 +0200

Dear Colleagues

Here is my latest roundup of news which might be of interest to your
Geography teachers. Just shout if you would like to recieve this weekly
newsletter in a more tidy format :)

Yours, Andrew

Climate Migration I LinkTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpEJp28FQo8

Harnessing nature’s power for water security I The Nature Conservancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssvCGAzUOzQ

Strong storm system stretches from Oklahoma to Michigan I CBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq-9Jn1FLo

Australia faces rubbish crisis as China bans waste import | Al Jazeera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8uZcexZTQo

Why sheep and solar farms work well together I UNC-TV Science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_xQT9KSddI
Cyclone shield: Breathing new life into Myanmar's mangroves | Al Jazeera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-kPimfoWpo
Solar power for Somaliland | DW English
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bVW614S6Y0

Hurricane in a Box I SciFri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6c20IqR2mw
Sea Level Rising - Living with Water I LinkTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFLirewryo

Clean-up movement sparked by plastic whale I Sky News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD3HviL8pgo
Navigating drought: The app saving Kenya's herders | Al Jazeera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR1gbUs5JoA

Kenya: Maasai on the lookout on the Ol Kinyei Conservancy | DW English
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2lalrK4deg
Lava Consumes Homes Following Hawaii Volcanic Eruption | NBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpEJp28FQo8

Andrew van Zyl
School Librarian
Reeler Centre: Pinelands High School