LM_NET  May 2016

LM_NET May 2016

HIT: If you could only read one book this summer

Lori Willey <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 1 May 2016 07:45:43 -0400

Thank you so much to all of you for your great suggestions! I can't wait to delve into this list of amazing titles. I think our staff and principals have a lot to look forward to reading this summer. If you see stars next to a title, it means that it was chosen more than once. Here are the titles you sent me:

The Big Dark by Rodman Philbrick
Nest by Kenneth Oppel.
Wonder by R. J. Palacio‎
I Am Malala (Young Reader's Edition) by Malala Yousafzai and Patricia McCormick (2014)
Mountain Dog by Margarita Engle (2013)
Kizzy Ann Stamps by Jeri Watts (2012)
Mosquitoland by David Arnold
*Orbiting Jupiter by Gary D Schmidt
The Seventh Most Important Thing by Shelley Pearsall
Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson
**Raymie Nightingale by Kate DiCamillo
5th Wave series (3rd out this May) - Yancey
Booked - Kwame Alexander
Echo - Pam Munoz Ryan
Listen, Slowly - Thanhha Lai
The Odds of Getting Even
P. S. I Still Love You, sequel to To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han
The Testing series - J. Charbonneau
The War That Saved My Life
We Are All Made of Molecules - Nielsen
How to speak dolphin by Ginny Rorby!
El Deafo
*Fish in a Tree
Icebreaker
Serafina and the Black Cloak
The Fourteenth Goldfish
The Terrible Two

This is an incredible listserv and I'm so thankful to be a part of it. Thank you again for taking the time to share your top picks with me. So many great books to choose from...this is a great dilemma to have...

Lori Willey, Librarian
A.J. Smith & Cayuga Elementary Libraries
Union Springs, NY