Hit; Lightbox titles

SERENA HAYES <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Sep 2016 16:10:28 +0000

Hi everyone,

EVeryone  who responded either loved Lightbox or wanted more info.   Lightbox is through Follett's Titlewave.

Unfortunately, me learning a new e-mail system has resulted in a few lost responses and queries.   Please accept my thanks for all who responded.  Below are some comments.

Personally, I love them.  We've purchased 12 of the individual books.  I would recommend using these strictly for in-class use though.  It's nice to have them as ebooks on Destiny, but I feel like they'll get most of their use in class.  Last yearI let te teachers look through the list of available Lightbox titles and they each picked out anywhere from 0-5 each.

Unfortunately, I work at a school with a high turnover rate, so the ones that were purchased last year may not necessarily get used as much by the new teachers this year, but once teachers have purchased the ones they're interested, maybe they'll integrate the ones we already own.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am purchasing several of these for the high school I work at, and got to demo the product....LOVE IT!  When the T-tess is taking teachers to a more student-centered learning environment as well as integration of technology, these are AMAZING to take students there.  Also pricing is amazing!
At the high school, this works more for regular classes than AP classes, but I also heard there were going to be updates that will address this.  And Liz, what a great idea to write a grant for these, especially since there isn't an annual cost.  I'm all over that!! :)

Serena Hayes

Library Media

Heber Valley Elementary