Something for everyone!

Andrew van Zyl <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 Sep 2016 17:03:16 +0200

Dear All

Some time back I described how I try to reach my teachers by creating
subject-specific Scoops (a kind of mini-blog). Once I have about ten new
items in a Scoop I mail these in the form of a newsletter to the relevant
teachers. Here's a sample of the type of material I included in the last
newsletter. Just give me a shout and I will gladly add you to my mailing
list for any or all of the Scoops :) (I know someone asked to be added the
last time I posted and I managed to lose their mail-my apologies! If that
was you please mail me again and I will add you to my distribution list)

Take care, Andrew van Zyl
PS Please don't be put off by the South African aspect :) Most of the
material is (I hope) suitable for anyone trying to get kids to understand
poetry, DNA, conservation etc...)

*Biology Resources*  http://bit.ly/2d3rq67

*Turning down the volume on human noise pollution for marine life I PBS*
http://bit.ly/2dkZIna"We are a team": fitting transmitters to critically
endangered black rhino I WWF  http://bit.ly/2dd6art
*English Resources*  http://bit.ly/1Tre5Pp
'How I accidentally became a poet through Twitter' - BBC News
http://bit.ly/2dd7ScHThe game is up: Shakespeare's language not as original
as dictionaries think I The Guardian  http://bit.ly/2dm2Bos

*Digital Citzenship*  http://bit.ly/2dm6IME

Put the Phone Down: How the Internet Is Killing Our Manners I Naomi Cooper
http://bit.ly/2cFqZ1jThe Outrage Machine | The New York Times
http://bit.ly/2cFqULl

*Geography Resources*  http://bit.ly/2d3HO5d
How To (Literally) Save Earth I Minute Earth  http://bit.ly/2cFrnwM
Mega dam threatens Mekong dolphins | Global ideas  http://bit.ly/2cWRGyt

*History Resources  *http://bit.ly/2daUIyE
History vs. Napoleon Bonaparte - Alex Gendler I TED-Ed
http://bit.ly/2d3uQ9aHow to Protect Your Family and Home in a Nuclear
Attack | 1950s Educational Film  http://bit.ly/2cPLEO1

*Music Resources *http://bit.ly/2d0kbhL

*Wynton Marsalis and his JALC Orchestra | Sarah's Music*
http://bit.ly/2dm7WrkMalcolm Gladwell on Why Genius Takes Time: A Look at
the Making of Elvis Costello’s “Deportee” & Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah”
http://bit.ly/2cd0mkX

*Science Resources  *http://bit.ly/2cWY74o

*How Does the Large Hadron Collider Work?*  http://bit.ly/2cyci1X

*Black Holes, Blazars, and Women of Color in Science - Nat Geo Live*
http://bit.ly/2dmctKs

*Art Resources*  http://bit.ly/2d0eVL5
Is graffiti art? Or vandalism? - Kelly Wall I TED-Ed  http://bit.ly/2cwmB1BAl
Jazeera meets the artist behind the ‘Liquid Shard’ I Al Jazeera
http://bit.ly/2dm8YIl

--
Andrew van Zyl
School Librarian: St Alban's College