TAR: Site legitimacy

Jess Camara <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 16 Sep 2016 12:32:15 -0400

After doing a web evaluation lesson with 9th graders, I was surprised to
have a students point this out to me on the Science Channel site - in the
visitor's agreement....thoughts?

"The material that appears on the Discovery Sites is for informational and
entertainment purposes only. Despite our efforts to provide useful and
accurate information, errors may appear from time to time. Before you act
on information you’ve found on the Discovery Sites, you should confirm any
facts that are important to your decision. Discovery and its information
providers make no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness,
usefulness or completeness of the information on the Discovery Sites.
Discovery is not responsible for, and cannot guarantee the performance of,
goods and services provided by our advertisers or others to whose sites we
link. A link to another website does not constitute an endorsement of that
site (nor of any product, service or other material offered on that site)
by Discovery or its licensors."

Jessica Camara
LMS
North Smithfield High School