HIT: Digital resources for book shares - Need Ideas ASAP

J Neff <[log in to unmask]>

J Neff <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:11:45 -0500

Here is a list of all of the digital tools people suggested using for
sharing books. Some of these tools are paid. Some free.
Thank you LM_Netters for sharing your wisdom!

Powtoon - Powtoon is a simple drag and drop animated slideshow
presentation. https://www.powtoon.com/

Learning in Hand - Download printable storyboards for iMovie planning with
http://learninginhand.com/blog/2014/8/6/plan-a-better-imovie-trailer-with-these-pdfs

Action Movie FX App - Add Hollywood style special effects to your videos
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/action-movie-fx/id489321253?mt=8

Green Screen by Do Ink App - Easily create green screen effects with
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/green-screen-by-do-ink/id730091131?mt=8

Lego Movie Maker App - “Build your own LEGO® adventure, then capture your
story!” This product uses stop motion technology.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lego-movie-maker/id516001587?mt=8

Stop Motion App - Create videos using stop motion.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stop-motion-studio/id441651297?mt=8

Aurasma - Turn everyday objects, images, and places into interactive
videos, audio, and graphics. https://www.aurasma.com/

Tellagami -  a mobile app that lets you create and share a quick animated
Gami video. https://tellagami.com/

TouchCast - “Make great-looking videos on an iPad. It's easy with TouchCast
Studio—the most powerful mobile app for creating videos. It literally puts
a TV studio in your hands. Now TouchCast offers a paid version with private
sharing for your entire company or school. Download the free app or get in
touch to begin a trial of our private version.” https://www.touchcast.com/

iMovie - Has templates for creating movie/book trailers using your photos
and videos.     http://www.apple.com/ios/imovie/

http://www.abookandahug.com/ - Barb Langridge has offered our students to
post book reviews on this website under User Reviews. If a book is not on A
Book and a Hug at this time, we can email Barb and she will add the title.

Piktochart - Easy-to-use infographic maker.   https://piktochart.com/

Photo Story - “Create slideshows using your digital photos. With a single
click, you can touch-up, crop, or rotate pictures. Add stunning special
effects, soundtracks, and your own voice narration to your photo stories.
Then, personalize them with titles and captions. Small file sizes make it
easy to send your photo stories in an e-mail. Watch them on your TV, a
computer, or a Windows Mobile–based portable device.”

Voice Thread - There is a great introduction video available at
http://ed.voicethread.com/.

Sock Puppet App - “Sock Puppets lets you create your own lip-synched videos
and share them on Facebook and YouTube. Add Puppets, props, scenery, and
backgrounds and start creating. Hit the record button and the puppets
automatically lip-synch to your voice.”
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sock-puppets/id394504903?mt=8

Flipgrid - “Flipgrid is simple yet powerful. Educators create grids with
topics and students respond recorded videos to discuss, reflect, and share
via webcam, tablet, or mobile device.”
https://info.flipgrid.com/

Animoto - “Animoto turns your photos and video clips into professional
video slideshows in minutes. Fast, free and shockingly simple - we make
awesome easy.”  https://animoto.com/home

Big Huge Labs - Create movie posters for books with
https://bighugelabs.com/poster.php

Video Star App - Students can create music videos with
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/video-star/id438596432?mt=8

MashPlant - A collaboration and discussion tool. http:www.mashplant.com

Julie Neff-Babb
Media Director