TAR=> MS: Best free resources for new students that do not speak English

Brandy Huffman <[log in to unmask]>

Brandy Huffman <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 27 Sep 2016 08:39:39 -0400

I work in a school with a number of students that are new to the country
and do not speak any English.  This is such a challenge for our teachers!
If any of you are knowledgeable about the same situation and have any
favorite, free resources to share, I would be so appreciative.  I am in a
middle school.

Thank you all in advance for ideas!

Brandy Huffman, BA, MLS
Media Coordinator
Walter Johnson Middle School
701 Lenoir Rd
Morganton, NC 28655
(828)430-7340

*Join us in supporting our Media Center! *
*DonorsChoose proposals:  *www.donorschoose.org/brandy.huffman
<http://help.donorschoose.org/hc/en-us/articles/203235497>
*Pinterest* Wish List Board:
https://www.pinterest.com/bhuffman1081/library-wish-list/
*Wish List*:
https://sites.google.com/a/burke.k12.nc.us/walter-johnson-media-center/ways-to-support-the-media-center

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you
want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."
Albert Einstein

"We have an obligation to support libraries. To use libraries, to encourage
others to use libraries, to protest the closure of libraries. If you do not
value libraries then you do not value information or culture or wisdom. You
are silencing the voices of the past and you are damaging the future."
Neil Gaiman

--

------------------------------
*Mission Statement*The mission of Burke County Public Schools is to educate

*Vision Statement *Burke County Public Schools, a world-class model of
exemplary education, inspires students to be life-long learners who can
compete successfully on the global stage and contribute to their community
as productive citizens.

This email is for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it has
been addressed. If you are neither the intended recipient, nor an agent
responsible for delivering this email to the intended recipient, any
disclosure, retransmission, copying, or taking action in reliance upon the
message contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, you should notify the sender immediately. All email
correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina public records law, which could result in monitoring and
disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.