Re: Target: If you use Glogster, what did you feel was the best way to create student accounts?

Joy Millam <[log in to unmask]>

Joy Millam <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:42:20 -0700

When I used Glogster, I made generic student accounts Tiger1, Tiger2, etc.
We had passwords that were very simple and I put the info on the old school
checkout cards. Then, when they made projects, I handed out the cards and
while they worked I would go through the lab and on my grade sheet put the
account name Tiger 1 (etc) on the sheet for each student.
On the projects, I had the kids save their project by a project title -----
Tsunami_per2_600123 (the last bit was their ID#.  This way, they could
easily find it when they returned to work on it.

Using a system like this requires a level of trust. Kids are entrusted with
other people's projects. We didn't have issues.  I had a big talk about
integrity and respecting other people's work and reminded them
periodically.

It worked for us. Good luck.

Joy Millam
@ReaderJoy (Twitter)
Teacher Librarian

2017 Margaret A. Edwards Committee Chairperson
2015 Excellence in Nonfiction Committee Member
2012 Michael L. Printz Committee Member
2006-2010 Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers Committee Member (Chair, 2009)

Valencia High School
500 N. Bradford Ave.
Placentia, CA 92870
714-996-4970 x10015