Print

Good morning,

I recently posted a question asking for advice on how to handle the sale of
devices to seniors in Follett Destiny Resource Manager.

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to reply. Your insight is
greatly appreciated.

Here is what we have decided to do.

   - Item will be checked in as per usual
   - Copy the barcode to the clipboard
   - Create a fine
      - We created a fine type called Purchased Device and set the amount
      to the district policy of $25
   - Accept the payment and mark it as paid (also noting the check number
   and person who wrote the check)
   - Paste the barcode into a spreadsheet
      - We will use this spreadsheet to do a batch update in Destiny to
      change:
         - Condition: Usable
      - Our IT department will also use the spreadsheet to batch update our
      Meraki system and remove the devices from our management system

If you are interested, I created a video tutorial that also links to a
presentation version. Please feel free to use and share.
https://youtu.be/HvpxBOrRCco
http://bit.ly/2KJzK9O

Kathy Malatesta
Teacher Librarian