Print

 “In today’s politically charged climate, school librarians may feel
vulnerable when we raise questions about equity, inclusion, and social
justice. On the other hand, we cannot and should not avoid this fundamental
question: Who does my school library serve?”

This is the question posed by Kate Lechtenberg and Jeanie Phillips in their
article *"Speaking Up for Equity Takes Courage–But the Standards Have Your
Back"* in the latest issue of Knowledge Quest and they offer some really
useful strategies for honestly assessing who we serve and who we may be
excluding.

http://knowledgequest.aasl.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/KNOW_46_5_Standards_56-63.pdf

Enjoy, Andrew
PS I was alerted to this article in the latest Marshall Memo. Thanks Kim!

Andrew van Zyl
School Librarian
Reeler Centre: Pinelands High School
Cape Town, South Africa