Print

Greetings All!
I am currently working for a public library but am working towards certification as a school librarian.  We recently made a change in the children's collection to add toys for youngest patrons and their caregivers to access modeled after the Family Place Libraries.  Is there any such movement in school libraries to add or adopt any of the Family Place components, or is this limited to public libraries?  I have mixed feelings about the area since so many components of the Family Place Library are missing, but I do see how this step is helping to build early literacy skills.
Elvia Rodriguez, graduate [log in to unmask]