List Creation Date: 2003/08/25 14:46 For policy discussions by the Noncommercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG) at ICANN.
Show Table of Contents

Frank Anati
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 09:23:10 +0000
Thank you, Farzaneh.

On Mon, 29 Apr 2024, 8:34 am farzaneh badii, <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I came across this NCUC course from 2018 on how to write a public comment,
> I think it would be useful for those who want to get engaged with writing
> up public comments on digital policy and help drafting for NCSG. Here is
> the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzrLbq4EGSc
>
> Best regards,
> Farzaneh

No Replies
farzaneh badii
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 04:30:30 -0400
Hi everyone,

I came across this NCUC course from 2018 on how to write a public comment,
I think it would be useful for those who want to get engaged with writing
up public comments on digital policy and help drafting for NCSG. Here is
the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzrLbq4EGSc

Best regards,
Farzaneh
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 16:36:59 +0000
Dear all,

Beginning May 4, Zoom will enforce a new minimum version [support.zoom.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061130__;!!PtGJab4!_ePwQc5AVqBe7vfE2s-omusO1bi-WdgzlmcsiymyRjKn9APkR4YhewUoIODmcpjzWjBUUQXXF7bm4r45GYsEzvFBaA$> to use the Zoom application. This allows participants to use Zoom’s features and ensures security enhancements are in place. Users who are not up to date will join via browser. We encourage you to update your Zoom Client [support.zoom.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060716__;!!PtGJab4!_ePwQc5AVqBe7vfE2s-omusO1bi-WdgzlmcsiymyRjKn9APkR4YhewUoIODmcpjzWjBUUQXXF7bm4r45GYtXDKjz8w$>.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:29:45 +0000
**Everyone who wants to attend needs to register**

Hello all,

Please join the Noncommercial Stakeholders Group for their webinar on the ICANN Grant Program.

Date/Time: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 13:00 UTC for 60 minutes

Please register through this link: https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsduiorz0uGNQA-fc0FoY2dULH44y9PDa1 [icann.zoom.us]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsduiorz0uGNQA-fc0FoY2dULH44y9PDa1__;!!PtGJab4!8yZUUsNoW0fb05qGz9Zj3PVxA5xoea_ps_APULJrFONVsWvgnvKseRq0UmYcSsAEGFzyu6Ube36PC4UE1CzSjwSR4FdFiiwY$>. After registration you will receive the information to join the call.

Andrea
No Replies
AHM Bazlur Rahman
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 08:10:41 +0000
Information only:

[cid:0b217855-5d36-40bb-b609-5caaecae2bd8]

Dear Madam/Sir,

You are cordially invited to join the closing ceremony of the 8th edition of Bangladesh School of Internet Governance, hosted by the Bangladesh School of Internet Governance and Bangladesh Internet Governance Forum (BIGF).

BIGF is the national Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in Bangladesh. Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is an initiative led by the UN to discuss public policy issues related to the Internet. BIGF’s mission is to support Bangladesh's political leadership in developing multilateral public policies responsive to digital transformation's political, economic, digital, and social challenges and to ensure that public policies fit in the

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:33:30 +0000
[https://danh45uab.cc.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=245da326-9329-4790-b2b8-f49c359cb7e6&a=1122025845763&c=1280e1aa-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4&ch=128c3564-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4]

Thursday, 25 April 2024

ICANN Community Digest

[https://files.constantcontact.com/304b3fd3501/31f30ab5-1445-45c3-aef7-c0ea4ebcc58c.jpg?rdr=true]

The ICANN organization Policy Development Support function publishes this twice-weekly digest

to help ICANN community groups track requests and follow updates.

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [danh45uab.cc.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/danh45uab.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001LQ7lzRv8mH_fhiJh7X3Sf1h3LIPtZbJ2CBLNLY16Lc22dZ-xuOvy4O2ICzEJyb-wj7G6MYXqz0FzPkz7dnFhUkMNRzFZuuJzQknb0uGrZdARIAKsKxiYwyrxANuqMB0uRwLU24eHddzw3G3kEcyuvwtgpymnrVz1EMR8r-D7YI-AdGynnVwv3jGDUSlVDm0GSUhXGDhiqEcTvuketta0qzvfIhpKk26VGnS-SBE7hcZlNkySWFRD7dXks03rBI9H&c=iItC2lxRbe-Ym_PAY0rHuSfOL7tvu1kG3_iVmpGNSxCJ8OO_-1bKyQ==&ch=3mGiXpjGytnO6r-vbs7IZxVJf2scqyjpzK1fHC3jpdKlh3Y_jLBqHA==__;!!PtGJab4!4LnURhUrqD0DGU_WzwXjbW7Vx3_vLszppgGn_vZi7oKWNnCuTlWwuoKigSMJeadpAbkkRZZrGwaz6X6lPD86AeIFRkai$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 20:40:36 +0000
Hello all,

Please join the Noncommercial Stakeholders Group for their webinar on the ICANN Grant Program.

Date/Time: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 13:00 UTC for 60 minutes

Please register through this link: https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsduiorz0uGNQA-fc0FoY2dULH44y9PDa1 [icann.zoom.us]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsduiorz0uGNQA-fc0FoY2dULH44y9PDa1__;!!PtGJab4!8yZUUsNoW0fb05qGz9Zj3PVxA5xoea_ps_APULJrFONVsWvgnvKseRq0UmYcSsAEGFzyu6Ube36PC4UE1CzSjwSR4FdFiiwY$>. After registration you will receive the information to join the call.

Andrea
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:30:28 +0000
Dear all,

Please find below the attendance and recordings from the NCUC Membership call held on Monday, 22 April 2024 at 13:00 UTC.

This information is also available on the wiki here<https://community.icann.org/x/QgATEw>. The slides for the ICANN Grant Program are also attached.

Attendees: | Apologies: Pedro de Perdigao Lana | ICANN Org: Dan Gluck, Shayna Robinson, Adam Peake, Andrea Glandon

[More ...]
No Replies
Amin Hacha
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:32:19 +0200
Dear NCSG members,
We are proposing a session for the IGF 2024 event at the Internet
Governance Forum (IGF) 2024 in Riyadh, and we would be honored to have your
input. Whether you have a specific idea in mind or simply want to
contribute your thoughts, we welcome your participation.

The idea was suggested by me at NCUC-EC, but the session can be done with
all of us since we share the same goals and vision.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 15:21:19 +0000
[https://danh45uab.cc.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=a96e2367-a047-417c-aaf4-dc0fb33fbe3a&a=1122025845763&c=1280e1aa-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4&ch=128c3564-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4]

Monday, 22 April 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [danh45uab.cc.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/danh45uab.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001e8NwUQdl5R9KdOvVcvF7sIMNWLjl6GstsdfPEFjjfUAA9mPkV8x_qVNvnMY3rTw5WgG9W4u8wGq7Yw6kBtJWpWDurYdX4YDyJwnWwpptyFMYM3tZJaSiKV63iE1A9L_bHMuxGPSYj35Bh_CRLCu3uCaiC9LSIydjuvCkofv1OwOdfDqHtyMGHMLTRxZs8Py0MTYJvxACLVU2rVL_-RQEDOGfBJvRwFae5S6Yca4WmsLy-IqLpIFn4ylwLhAhJGnp&c=9uBndnmUZTeCHnh_Ijv4D6TYfvDh3py35IDj5HsEelJO_ZNrNb3kRQ==&ch=13oCoWYqBADA0_XxQi1aCiQNGogFzUPbkpJHqvQgJOfsdvBwhYom7w==__;!!PtGJab4!68K0z8tYW8msDLESHS0RqgOXSRM4CW4NdAnCHEgtRKpUbVL7C1zCe-DdzwJqbA9Bk6TZgGeVXt68MiEcJrUWISO-8uHZ$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathy Kleiman
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 10:19:47 -0400
Hi Farzi,

I hope you don't mind that I am retitling your important email (in the
subject line above).

All, this is an important document, and I support our submission!

Best, Kathy

On 4/21/2024 7:06 PM, farzaneh badii wrote:
> Thank you all.
>
> I created this document, putting some industry standards and best
> practices (thank you Pedro and others for bringing them up).
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lyj-g5y8JLBSf-dHm81Cf_bFDRBEeZ-KgYYy44atlfg/edit?usp=sharing
> Please have a look and let me know what you think, in the next few
> days we need to finalize and send it to PSWG and RDRS SC.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:45:16 +0000
Hello all,

Please join the NCUC for their Membership meeting. There will be a presentation from Shayna Robinson on the ICANN Grant Program.

There will be an NCUC Membership meeting on Monday, 22 April 2024 at 13:00 UTC for 60 minutes. A calendar invitation has been sent to this group with participation details.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ken Herman
Sun, 21 Apr 2024 14:28:07 -0400
Hello Fellow NCSG Members:

I request your input regarding an issue under discussed by the Transfer
Policy Review Working Group (TPRWG).

The issue concerns whether to allow for the transfer of a domain to a
different registrar in fewer than 30 days after an initial transfer.

My recommended NCSG position: Under no circumstances should a registrar
allow for a transfer in fewer than 30 days.

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:15:25 +0000
Hello all,

Please join the NCUC for their Membership meeting. There will be a presentation from Shayna Robinson on the ICANN Grant Program.

There will be an NCUC Membership meeting on Monday, 22 April 2024 at 13:00 UTC for 60 minutes. A calendar invitation has been sent to this group with participation details.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:05:41 +0000
Version française en dessous de la version anglaise.
Versión en español está debajo de la versión en francés

** Please register and share this invitation **
Veuillez vous inscrire et partager cette invitation
Por favor regístrate y comparte esta invitatción

Zoom registration: https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEpdO2pqTsjGN39D1T_tbhWcKe0Fd_v3VSm

Interpretation

English, Français, Русский, Español, Português, Arabic, Chinese

Dear All,

On behalf of the Five Regional At-Large Organizations: AFRALO, APRALO, EURALO, LACRALO and NARALO, please join us for the ‘Cross RALO Roundtable on Net Mundial: the same, 10 years later’ on Tuesday, 23 April 2024 from 14:00-16:00 UTC.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:10:49 +0000
Hello all,

Please join the Noncommercial Stakeholders Group for their webinar on the ICANN Grant Program.

Date/Time: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 13:00 UTC for 60 minutes

Please register through this link: https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsduiorz0uGNQA-fc0FoY2dULH44y9PDa1. After registration you will receive the information to join the call.

Andrea
No Replies
ICANN Policy Calendar
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:03:50 +0000
Hello all,

Please join the Noncommercial Stakeholders Group for their webinar on the ICANN Grant Program.

Date/Time: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 13:00 UTC for 60 minutes

Please register through this link: https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsduiorz0uGNQA-fc0FoY2dULH44y9PDa1.

After registration you will receive the information to join the call.

Andrea
No Replies
Johan Helsingius
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:54:10 +0200
My regular 1:1 with Sally is scheduled for Monday, 29 April.

Any issues you want me to bring up?

Julf
Show Replies 9 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:16:26 +0000
Thursday, 18 April 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [danh45uab.cc.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/danh45uab.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=00138THoQHbU5_3tUSFWws5tAVN4PxQBHHsQbg_gWg0g127TC4TIEHGRoLIsqDZtDW_JRhX8Kh2fJi5e37hQLVG1YWs_Z06wSu5sZX7ZUC27pGEzhQFWakriLtlxKBpm9JdvZgK0v2DAOaeP6SYAqxlP03aeC1vYe6uXxs4dyGrmw2I2CVbM2Xrqj1WBQ9G4AEJ4ukuJFqj82tYDCUg22o56qiidpHrku5mvPQkSdEITGigPpMeI_lc2bHw3bhemEqQ&c=v_U-xeaXMJ7jokE0WKOHCQwZhMyTYh1weozCYHyqztSbHbLqNdhC4Q==&ch=8NDbYdzRP6Vzb3MPI7bbJL-bRnClSwSxv_pBgoqgtBeVm3lkEJ0jMg==__;!!PtGJab4!63-QQX8NLB_bC1vPQt8knPXOTH2RqsYhXjNqNWVxSQeo5zKJzPtQW_qGQ9kDjzR4E0F2mzAAgIoxCm0R-zPBhedF6ao$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Joly MacFie
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:12:06 -0400
** Since April 1 2024 - the ISOC Live community livestream service is no
longer funded by the Internet Society - big thanks to our first monthly
sustaining sponsor Vint Cerf for his support! **

The first of these webinars has just started. REAL TIME TEXT
https://bit.ly/4aYsq5c

Yesterdays CITI Webinar is now archived https://archive.org/details/citi-gdc
Transcript https://archive.org/download/citi-gdc/citi-gdc_TRANSCRIPT.pdf

[More ...]
No Replies
Tomslin Samme-Nlar
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 08:30:58 +1000
Hi all,

During the NCSG PC meeting this week, we had a discussion on deferral of a
Policy Status Request (PSR) of the Expired Domain Deletion Policy (“EDDP”)
and Expired Registration Recovery Policy (“ERRP”). @Kathy Kleiman
<[log in to unmask]> pointed out that notes in the ICANN compliance
report <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2022-November/026164.html>
identified that language of the policy is ambiguous in parts and has caused
confusion for registrants, a group that we as NCSG care about. And
suggested that those aspects of language confusion be given to the Council
Comms small team to look at.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Pedro de Perdigão Lana
Tue, 16 Apr 2024 18:30:00 -0300
Hi everyone,

Within ISOC's Code of Conduct, we can find a very useful and interesting
prescription:* "Only send a message to the entire list if everyone can
benefit from it. Do not send “thank you” and “me too” replies to the full
list".*

Considering the growing number of messages that end up filling our
mailboxes here in the NCSG community, I would kindly like to suggest, and
check if others agree, that we also adopt this as a good practice. This is
not the same as saying that we should not promote these nice gestures of
recognizing others' work and

[More ...]
Show Replies 5 Replies
Kathy Kleiman
Tue, 16 Apr 2024 09:03:44 -0400
(apologies for the cross-posting)

Today, if you have time, American University Washington College of Law
is hosting a special event:

/*UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE: WHAT IS IT AND HOW DOES IT RELATE TO
INCLUSIVITY?  Learn from the experts in the field about the domain name
system (DNS) and how to create a more inclusive internet.  Speakers from
NTIA, Verisign, PIR and ICANN.
*/

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:22:14 +0000
Hello, all.

As a reminder, the WSIS+20 Outreach Network will host two one-hour interactive webinars to discuss the zero draft of the Global Digital Compact (GDC) [un.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.un.org/techenvoy/sites/www.un.org.techenvoy/files/Global_Digital_Compact_Zero_Draft.pdf__;!!PtGJab4!5zdAvkWFkDGikuO6dZ_ynSZOhcavK-nr-hzE-GAUuTgnRTUQYebNZL37z_POoD33djRvBUlP1ku1FS8EncGOD3ipjLcUNfgz$> and its implications. The webinars will provide a space for stakeholders to share information and engage in discussions on how to preserve and continue to evolve the multistakeholder model of Internet governance.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:09:57 +0000
Hello all

There will be an NCUC Membership meeting on Monday, 22 April 2024 at 13:00 UTC for 60 minutes. A calendar invitation has been sent to this group with participation details.

Agenda:

1. Welcome NCUC Chair
2. ICANN Grant Program
3. NomCom Update
4. Continuous Improvement Update

Participation details are copied below and .ics attached for your convenience.

[More ...]
No Replies
AHM Bazlur Rahman
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:17:11 +0000
[cid:6bb9f4f5-d14f-41eb-a1f7-4667aa724457]

Dear Madam/Sir,

We are thrilled to announce that the Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication (BNNRC) has officially joined the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) network with a strong commitment to creating a healthy digital ecosystem in Bangladesh.

Association for Progressive Communications (APC) is a global network of civil society organisations whose mission is to create a just and sustainable world by harnessing the collective power of activists, organisations, excluded groups, communities and social movements to challenge existing power structures and ensure that the internet is developed and governed as a global public good.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:10:37 +0000
[https://danh45uab.cc.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=1ecb3d60-ed9a-43a0-b610-001f99be492b&a=1122025845763&c=29b60710-5027-11e5-b466-d4ae527557ea&ch=2a0167f0-5027-11e5-b475-d4ae527557ea]

Monday, 15 April 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [danh45uab.cc.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/danh45uab.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001a8bBjB0mM0rFQOvMXRS1sze9zUoTY0FXZiMAviNrh83iKpe2MfqVmPMhDACbSKJpUXItf7DLDq7stkN6OLpIs_oBvDcDO3ZuR1alBIgeB63Z-QIwjsFw737tz6iQvLKLN10-cAExjnBEKMZE6ZfPntZ9Pt4bE2-x311fEZLbnHrywfQaGb0xHRfHEE67Rq4_iBoi2cqLUqGY-YYGVV-AXpVEkXEFmtwql3V0VRPVSd9Dw91PMBRSsTw8Sf_3atQf&c=8DnDqqAyLq5pFD72Xw5h0Crygjiy4t1ZC8-zGdGHtjmJBS7Cnz2y0g==&ch=eWbENwkqhwTySUsya5TWDjguwCRxVtqRS-qn_bXgqRsVC9EyrQ_xGg==__;!!PtGJab4!-Ds0JlrwzzK0oACAbMkwvRmywkXcIdejvsVeNXlvd4BcSOdRJsMW42qfipFUVmsY0FfaSQAtiIkjs6eWaj-Mj9_nraM$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:50:18 +0000
Dear all,

The next NCSG Policy Committee call will be held on Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:30 UTC. Check your time zone here<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG+PC&iso=20240513T1130&p1=1440&ah=1&am=30>.

Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vMhE9f1ns8lyH1YyOtDO1i3ITcLddR3_fu2Q-sYR-Bs/edit?usp=sharing [docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1vMhE9f1ns8lyH1YyOtDO1i3ITcLddR3_fu2Q-sYR-Bs/edit?usp=sharing__;!!PtGJab4!9DrHtJU4nTDeN3zUR4JaYopDTyRH6NC5c-Qv1KyxvWE9pLg8IkNanBA4rGBJ3eSlRrQv1zGKXOWGEPn1XcbIz72g3Qb1xiHcut8$>

Join details are attached and noted below for your convenience.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/98878189584?pwd=ZVpkSVVuaXVqeGRMelNEWW1LMkxQUT09 [icann.zoom.us]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icann.zoom.us/j/98878189584?pwd=ZVpkSVVuaXVqeGRMelNEWW1LMkxQUT09__;!!PtGJab4!89jS1o75blcYjx01179eBM7Q0Er-lA5anQXpQIKL7VjWzU6Yy-h2o6sS4YvHIbDhtF0xH2toJXUpOFNQkhQTqGy3yi_7OQBd$>
Meeting ID: 988 7818 9584
Passcode: i!y7.qx+11

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,98878189584#,,,,,,0#,,7740925615# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,98878189584#,,,,,,0#,,7740925615# US (Tacoma)

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:40:13 +0000
Dear all,

Please find below the attendance and recordings for the NCSG Policy call that was held on Monday, 15 April 2024 at 11:30 UTC.

This information is also available here.<https://community.icann.org/x/Bh7xAg> The transcript will be added to the wiki page when it is available.

Attendees: Abdullah Qamar, Adebunmi Akinbo, Adedokun Adewale, Amin Hacha, Benjamin Akinmoyeje, Bolutife Adisa, Calen Ogundele, Chilufya Theresa Mulenga, Emmanuel Vitus, Farzaneh Badii, Hakikur Rahman, Houda Chihi, Kaabi Houssem, Julf Helsingius, Kathryn Kleiman, Ken Herman, Levy Syanseke, Manju Chen, Maud Adjeley Ashong Elliot, Mohammad Kawsar Uddin, Mouloud Khelif, Mubashir Sargana, Muriel Alapini, Olorundare James Kunle, Pascal Bekono,

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:15:37 +0000
Hello all,

Each month I will be sending an email with the details to join the GNSO Council meeting.

This month, the GNSO Council meeting is scheduled for Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 21:00 UTC. Please find below a link to the agenda, and the details to join the meeting to observe.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 11:15:15 +0000
Dear all,

The next NCSG Policy Committee call will be held on Monday, 15 April 2024 at 11:30 UTC. Check your time zone here [timeanddate.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG*PC*Meeting&iso=20240415T1130&p1=1440&ah=1&am=30__;Kys!!PtGJab4!_ecRLl9y3b1EemLvfkEIrKf0_rjOsRLmk3CRRNC0sBtNIB0eh71lN-zYlt4x0ztWX43Bz7fep9GkO4_UV554n-p-5clKOcqZ08I$>.

Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YZgyOQNo1sgdW6IzNOzHGguAl6GcddbBlccCjAHydAc/edit [docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1YZgyOQNo1sgdW6IzNOzHGguAl6GcddbBlccCjAHydAc/edit__;!!PtGJab4!-lTNlywSwTn17gtbyXiHf51NgLv_WWVwfooXs14i5eiBtc5LeX03Bj1HLuLYoOiGTEJJPHcCd8Iu1nGtA8V51eu2IYmEN2R8Goo$>

Join details are attached and noted below for your convenience.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/98878189584?pwd=ZVpkSVVuaXVqeGRMelNEWW1LMkxQUT09 [icann.zoom.us]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icann.zoom.us/j/98878189584?pwd=ZVpkSVVuaXVqeGRMelNEWW1LMkxQUT09__;!!PtGJab4!89jS1o75blcYjx01179eBM7Q0Er-lA5anQXpQIKL7VjWzU6Yy-h2o6sS4YvHIbDhtF0xH2toJXUpOFNQkhQTqGy3yi_7OQBd$>
Meeting ID: 988 7818 9584
Passcode: i!y7.qx+11

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,98878189584#,,,,,,0#,,7740925615# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,98878189584#,,,,,,0#,,7740925615# US (Tacoma)

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 00:13:38 +0000
[...]

Mon, 15 Apr 2024 08:04:40 +1000
Hi NCSG,

Below is an important matter that needs your input and guidance. This is
related to diacritics, which I believe @Tapani Tarvainen
<[log in to unmask]> and @Stephanie Perrin
<[log in to unmask]> have opinions about. But there is an
additional procedural issue surrounding how the diacritics issue is
potentially resolved that needs our attention.

For a brief background for those who've not followed the diacritics issue,
an applied-for IDN gTLD string in the Latin script containing diacritics
(e.g .Québec versus .Quebec), which is NOT an allocatable variant label of
the base ASCII string (existing or applied-for) according to RZ-LGR, are
sometimes seen as equivalents.

[More ...]
Show Replies 5 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Sat, 13 Apr 2024 14:50:04 +0000
[...]

Marilia Maciel
Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:11:52 +0200
Dear colleagues,

The event below might be of interest. The 30th anniversary of China's
connection to the global Internet will take place next week. Diplo and the
Fuxi Institution jointly put together a very knowleageble panel, to look
back at this period of technological growth in China and in the West, and
the challenges foreseen in the future. We hope you can join us on April
19th.

[More ...]
Show Replies 6 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 11 Apr 2024 17:25:06 +0000
[https://danh45uab.cc.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=a786028a-9596-4e6b-8626-451b74cc87d3&a=1122025845763&c=1280e1aa-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4&ch=128c3564-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4]

Thursday, 11 April 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [danh45uab.cc.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/danh45uab.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001gUIRIf0eIn1kEm_mUX5PWoLkp7olrd8l3YUmKSjy-sdPP9Wc-XYOJ0TMdfZQhF3eU236DU1hqS0RcVWK815GwyEB0UsuoqieqtK6bX_u50rNXeDQufh5C21c91AgdO-6H5_zVZieF0qEvd5ONtyvXrOeP7aGEjLjHVi8zqM1ycL68SuOn5JxYbsK8QSf8m5C1DqFJI4waJTzhlybO-lw_U3V-2u3vqRM1iRqSlSWWyrzSBJGqhVDhFDR4m7CdakK&c=I15ASlJZCFbX7uLUhVIYj69Ff5juM1iVveUdLdBwh9xN_oZQa7PlXg==&ch=l8Ru9J0IkdzNPkXCJQ8Q1W_6pqw5tFU6O_gwZxeIx4wuYu7G-DA5SQ==__;!!PtGJab4!-_4-XebqgpH21yw3eHB3R9AjqRsZX5bntbXOPpeDCcncE6JZVwya2qksO8cp5ACjBx1BXVISMvaf4PQRH2VdlZaMBTZo$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Johan Helsingius
Wed, 10 Apr 2024 16:18:21 +0200
Seems Stephanie Perrin can't make it to Kigali.

According to our operating procedures I am hereby asking interested
persons to send me their motivation statements, copying Andrea

Here is the relevant part from the NCSG operating procedures:

If a Council member or a funded NCSG Executive Committee cannot attend
the meeting, the following process should be invoked to decide upon the
travel slot transfer:

[More ...]
Show Replies 10 Replies
Johan Helsingius
Wed, 10 Apr 2024 14:02:14 +0200
FYI

Julf

From: Adam Peake <[log in to unmask]>

Hi All,

My colleague Gabi Schittek's organising a webinar on ICANN compliance, I
think it might be of interest to NCSG/NCUC/NPOC.

The webinar will give an overview of the role of ICANN's Contractual
Compliance program.

Thursday 18 April 2024 (12:00 - 12:45 UTC). Please see details:
https://www.icann.org/en/engagement-calendar/details/icann-training-series-central-europe-the-baltics-icann-compliance-essentials-what-you-need-to-know-2024-04-18
<https://www.icann.org/en/engagement-calendar/details/icann-training-series-central-europe-the-baltics-icann-compliance-essentials-what-you-need-to-know-2024-04-18>

Warm regards,

Adam
No Replies
AHM Bazlur Rahman
Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:37:41 +0000
Bangladesh Internet Governance Forum (BIGF) and Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) Signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the Strategic Partnership on the Preparatory Process of the Global Digital Compact and Summit of the Future 2024

[cid:7bb68d05-c465-4279-932d-e51b02f4b492]

Bangladesh Internet Governance Forum (BIGF) and Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) Signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the Strategic Partnership in a meeting held at BTRC HQs on 9 April 2024 to accelerate the preparation of the Global Digital Compact, UN Summit of the Future 2024, and intervention in Internet Governance in Bangladesh.

[More ...]
No Replies
AHM Bazlur Rahman
Tue, 9 Apr 2024 08:48:26 +0000
Bangladesh Internet Governance Forum (BIGF) and Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) Signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the Strategic Partnership on Global Digital Compact and Summit of the Future 2024

[cid:7bb68d05-c465-4279-932d-e51b02f4b492]

Bangladesh Internet Governance Forum (BIGF) and Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) Signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the Strategic Partnership in a meeting held at BTRC HQs on 9 April 2024 to accelerate the preparation of the Global Digital Compact, UN Summit of the Future 2024, and intervention in Internet Governance in Bangladesh.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 9 Apr 2024 00:44:09 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=36a4ad5f-db0a-40fe-aa8c-dae168909cfe&a=1122025845763&c=e3793d20-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f&ch=e38c7700-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f]

Monday, 08 April 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0010p0f5_XZ3_bKUi6AOxLG9e04OqcZ8IWpjRD3OvFgk7j6vRlXgy7wMUjAEIa8m40H83B1q-RjERQm9MfKOFfpfxIR_lLK7di27ze7OmZHpKfsp8oosZ2uGpU4FUSUHplTilTkiX4YCcdfNEuuzptlSCVnIYwGnZvbojLBXWlXCTuTjNXS3Kwepvrq0-zEWV_7RUy_6Vkt99dNFabrf_4zpTbHF-ISS7ZNKSZG0ozh8883LpNKWss8DA==&c=lXUvAuToR8Aehkk4RUpUpKplyH9gmXUOPZ1cSHuPFLtMIAXu85iGyw==&ch=HmNb_YVgq2BnkLYNJTlWFb2Gbj6AmXIR233ZP8IqunDakJyV4taB9Q==__;!!PtGJab4!_26tHK7u70_iWpeDSUyRQuyJG5aZp4Tqib3P554WA5fuhqeThX88FahM20WLUlqzjlIfuhA6RcfBRxpqICjhgdktLeKg$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Emmanuel Vitus
Mon, 8 Apr 2024 15:01:01 +0000
Dear all,
As the NCSG representative to the IDNs EPDP, I am reaching out for your
feedback on the proposed Phase 2 draft initial report. I encourage you to
quickly go through the document and share any comments you might have.

Additionally, like in previous instances, there will be a 40-day period
during which you can submit formal comments on any contentious issues or
seek clarifications, particularly from the non-commercial or not-for-profit
perspectives. The document is scheduled to be forwarded to the leadership *by
the end of business tomorrow. *

[More ...]
No Replies
Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele
Sat, 6 Apr 2024 13:02:41 -0500
Hello Everyone,
This working group update is specifically for NPOC Membership but since we
usually have or share the same position, I thought is good to share also
with NCSG Members to ask for their feedback. This is the first update and I
hope to write the second update in a few days time after the content of
this email is digested as it promises to be a very long email content.

[More ...]
No Replies
farzaneh badii
Fri, 5 Apr 2024 16:51:40 -0400
Dear NCSG,
As you know RDRS (the system whereby requestors of domain name registrants
personal data submit their request to access the data-it's a triage system)
is now in operation. (been for a few months) There is a Standing Committee
on RDRS that meets biweekly which discusses the technical issues of the
system. In the report that RDRS issues, we usually can see the number of
requests on behalf of law enforcement agencies but it does not specify
which jurisdictions.
It is common practice for different Internet organizations and
tech-companies to report at least on the jurisdiction. For example, Apple

[More ...]
Show Replies 5 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:52:22 +0000
Dear all,

Beginning May 4, Zoom will enforce a new minimum version [support.zoom.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061130__;!!PtGJab4!_ePwQc5AVqBe7vfE2s-omusO1bi-WdgzlmcsiymyRjKn9APkR4YhewUoIODmcpjzWjBUUQXXF7bm4r45GYsEzvFBaA$> to use the Zoom application. This allows participants to use Zoom’s features and ensures security enhancements are in place. Users who are not up to date will join via browser. We encourage you to update your Zoom Client [support.zoom.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060716__;!!PtGJab4!_ePwQc5AVqBe7vfE2s-omusO1bi-WdgzlmcsiymyRjKn9APkR4YhewUoIODmcpjzWjBUUQXXF7bm4r45GYtXDKjz8w$>.

[More ...]
Show Replies 4 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 4 Apr 2024 15:26:27 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=f5c43b37-40d6-4222-9d67-d8f51bb8af84&a=1122025845763&c=29b60710-5027-11e5-b466-d4ae527557ea&ch=2a0167f0-5027-11e5-b475-d4ae527557ea]

Thursday, 04 April 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001OJ6bgkEdUs62zqgokQY78Cs_dTwAOKRa5lEZDgACNBZ5JqCNHcgjKPa6HSaPL7YjQUGEP6JDQMp57fq2nfWuQ4cTpugzoMZlA2WmZ-MJKIKsoUX2FQqeVqzOAJeibH28fQ5-XkpA1SdcZ1cyhMwa-rdri3CNqi9d4axBo6tnskZnyZRMjc1mVVs0Q74btLx2oMZBc3p413B-mO23bkpEU2EHisbxHLtBlO4GQzGQ3T7EaxCPO15rwg==&c=hi95-h0zSrUVgh6tjtGv2u415CGaLPQ--vzOlIUgP9pFIjEaDdfXuQ==&ch=xFqocgzkl8uh5_gsKBytiK-p_8sIzgg7xBETS-HTe0JzOCyxrPkCdQ==__;!!PtGJab4!_UwVTiDUJN9_v89X8vwYgdpF0B2uSyCz7aR460yFQhb1yq54RvZx-SxwNN2kR9ekGPR33Tl05Bx3ac0l5eEZJfvSf8s$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Emmanuel Vitus
Thu, 4 Apr 2024 00:35:31 +0000
Dear Listers,
Apologies for cross-posting. :)
I've come across the Zero Draft of the UN Global Digital Compact
<https://www.un.org/techenvoy/sites/www.un.org.techenvoy/files/Global_Digital_Compact_Zero_Draft.pdf>
and thought it might be of interest to you. This draft will lead to a final
document that will be officially endorsed by Member States at the "Summit
of the Future" in September 2024. Key points include digital tech for SDGs,
inclusive governance, geographic representation, and cooperation frameworks
for digital divides and cybersecurity.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 2 Apr 2024 17:39:08 +0000
Dear all,

"ICANN for Beginners: Policy and Advice Development," will introduce newcomers to policy and advice development at ICANN.

Register for the one that suits you best:

3 April 2024 at 14:00 UTC | Register to attend [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001aqN69SDrIxH57M7LSli1mtxF5BnC9QAD3dpgonww1fmAU8LZhPngjxGoVMbCPXDBkP1yF1c0uDZBplYmSj_asVDCtrhAAnoFkMU_M_w813cwUhHJDlVEa4HuLSoUjiyN7bTLqhF0wgFNNSKwbQg7N93n7deh7zXKKbvxGa8MOG4-TPQLmqZtw8zJKlJEuYpl2hagnYL0OmOTFCqDqkPj3w5ir2L44cJG&c=L00Tj0cns6XmiHwY1LqgOhtXyKODPtYvUAp7kUe0TiCH4pbq3QbgUQ==&ch=VjpsFrwk-lUfPCbzqFAPRr_WHPNEOn1AIv5b0ZkB7ev1r_vU0oTShA==__;!!PtGJab4!-TsCkSDLPeUWxOS-0TMEWyNVZHJhgfDYKs-189FECPSnczbcxK-Qw1xl-jikEMdsrHFGuyfAGUkc9ZNArdOkJYr4Vtvl$>

4 April 2024 at 6:00 UTC | Register to attend [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001aqN69SDrIxH57M7LSli1mtxF5BnC9QAD3dpgonww1fmAU8LZhPngjxGoVMbCPXDBUJYzZQaX559TIBDxWkmFTv6vLfIzRbV9B9C5PvZTymHfe9BjW8q2UOF5GvZWdvKB_a72IFeOND31aYVlEPCOz5jtkFfFtjIJ98TDd-za6H59rm-gIDM68YIBCJYl9CALco9_q2rdu4r2F6T4AP_KAqmGguBF6gjE&c=L00Tj0cns6XmiHwY1LqgOhtXyKODPtYvUAp7kUe0TiCH4pbq3QbgUQ==&ch=VjpsFrwk-lUfPCbzqFAPRr_WHPNEOn1AIv5b0ZkB7ev1r_vU0oTShA==__;!!PtGJab4!-TsCkSDLPeUWxOS-0TMEWyNVZHJhgfDYKs-189FECPSnczbcxK-Qw1xl-jikEMdsrHFGuyfAGUkc9ZNArdOkJZpaNnC9$>
Thanks!
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:46:59 +0000
Dear all,

The next NCSG Policy Committee call will be held on Monday, 15 April 2024 at 11:30 UTC. Check your time zone here<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG+PC+Meeting&iso=20240415T1130&p1=1440&ah=1&am=30>.

[...]

Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:02:33 +1100
Hi team,

Bolu had kindly volunteered to help to hold the pen for this comment and it
is now ready for your urgent review.

Here is the link to the initial draft:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LwuZfcvtEfpzEnMjKd3g-8KeI5NSL3ybKX-HrSyxI4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Warmly,
Tomslin
Show Replies 5 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 1 Apr 2024 15:03:20 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=4002c691-4d48-48df-b92f-33c7ffab0864&a=1122025845763&c=e3793d20-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f&ch=e38c7700-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f]

Monday, 01 April 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001aqN69SDrIxH57M7LSli1mtxF5BnC9QAD3dpgonww1fmAU8LZhPngj6oEjgcLJSRv3mZ1_z-3NvgK_FeNx17OK0vGRZEIr7IdkZaVbVnx_1ntZlnijvTKlfYwApOu7pVEB-VYTy2PBaKwkV75GeiTb-txIbre9O7k30sxhpWDovBOskBAPsaZ0z8ghQ3x6iOfJ2cvG-hzSG8FU_WjJp63ZMq2iC4FYoYW9h9NH-MQ-tNtUs2g8FXkww==&c=XMr04VdOT4ZYlAJa_c5xk2dUgNpA0Cg2lDNbDCx3h2X-vrFedVzyfQ==&ch=bkKwKotp4b8-bqSwhbM7jvW4JXK2kUim0WEFVQdcgZEBmDAt54ye0A==__;!!PtGJab4!4mQohVKAu7spabRtMhhq-H3bNZr18S9En1Wvms4S-iXY8BlDxN-_NGomGkW2GMFrwvKNAs2RXFFLvy0NmCmkZ8w66ldU$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Ken Herman
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 18:16:31 -0400
Hello fellow NCSG members.

As an NCSG representative to the Transfer Policy Review Working Group
(TPRWG), I seek your input on proposed preliminary recommendations currently
under discussion.

Specifically, the working group is looking for feedback on the section of
the transfer policy related to Change of Registrant.

This document contains the text of the preliminary recommendations under
discussion. Please use this document to add any comments that I can take
back to the working group or questions that I will try to answer.

[More ...]
Show Replies 6 Replies
AHM Bazlur Rahman
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 08:26:09 +0000
[cid:6ce1fcc6-e627-44f8-ab5f-7777bfd3164c]

Prepare to Reap Benefits from Global Digital Compact & Summit of the Future 2024 Speakers ask

all multi-stakeholders of Bangladesh.

The speakers at the consultation stressed to multi-stakeholders of Bangladesh for all-out preparations to reap the benefits of the upcoming Global Digital Compact & Summit of the Future 2024. The speakers have directed preparatory work on the benefits expected to get from the summit. Besides, speakers were asked to take the initiative in developing the Bangladesh position paper on GDC and Summit of the Future in a multi-stakeholder manner to ensure Unified Voices.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:16:15 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=d1db122e-0f62-4730-97ca-8998f4935c4a&a=1122025845763&c=e3793d20-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f&ch=e38c7700-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f]

Thursday, 28 March 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0010DDwE6n3q64WDosrIWvzcZm50H16gZk04-MKxzRZwncySch_4YaVBC91XERyWX9O0ODQori6KyFXtdYDU0EYT4lPx7L78p8pFOxdpLXEXtD9SxbdQl8-sSMGr-lkMNn6OZgNXpqbWR4zgCK-M3FehHtF8heaZxNctl9OasrT8ggAkAiz5gejndcq687lAatW-LVvQix1hJfJEG-IcfxTwT8W7AbcsY5eezARI_E7X5BQzfYUnFzG4A==&c=T034FeSap_TzLntXn4YfKihpwspTj9FpxXoZvAaoBUKDtkobueTZ9A==&ch=MYRoL4QlfobWOvGRR4AwIQwXUVsW-L0b2n9avj17L8e6tnfi-1dx_w==__;!!PtGJab4!5bg3-Cf-rfGyh7Zaruh598ln_cvh10c_Nyter2PbVV4dyxdakPOY_-uLjrb2jOoyyje0zUACsfOnXuzEZTMIJSyym780$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Frank Anati
Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:04:14 +0000
Welcome on board, all new members.
Show Replies 28 Replies
Bruna Martins dos Santos
Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:45:48 +0100
Dear all,

As one of the Civil Society Stakeholder group representatives at the
NetMundial+10 High-Level Executive Committee, I would like to share with
you the link to the Consultation Platform that was made available
yesterday: https://netmundial.br/consultation

As you can see in the document, the consultation is organized around three
types of questions: open questions, likert scale questions, and ranking
questions. The consultation is divided into three groups of questions:
I - Principles for Internet Governance Processes
II - Guidelines for the Implementation of Multistakeholder Mechanisms; and
III - Inputs to Ongoing Processes

[More ...]
No Replies
Johan Helsingius
Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:31:45 +0100
Dear NCSG members,

During ICANN79 the NCSG Executive Committee approved a batch
of new member applications.

I would like to invite you all to help me wish NCSGs incoming members
a warm welcome.

Here is a list of the new Organizational Members:

Youth IGF Benin (NCSG, NCUC, NPOC)
ONG Women Be Free (NCSG, NCUC, NPOC)
Internet Society Zambia Chapter (NCSG, NCUC, NPOC)
Technology Media Guild Bangladesh (NCSG, NCUC, NPOC)
Global Partners Digital (NCSG)
Internet Society Togo (NCSG, NCUC, NPOC)
Nigerian Network Operators Group (NCSG, NCUC, NPOC)
Nigerian Peering and Interconnection Forum (NCSG, NCUC, NPOC)
FGI Benin (NCSG, NPOC)
ISOC Burundi

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:16:01 +0000
Hello all!

The first call for applications of the ICANN Grant Program is now live!

https://www.icann.org/grant-program-en

Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:10:26 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=af92f1df-7760-4975-9e5e-08a17a5188ac&a=1122025845763&c=1280e1aa-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4&ch=128c3564-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4]

Monday, 25 March 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001BdJrT7W6S9fEebhldV2WVxG3E0iSOQ_ThXHvaiPfiy-13DfvNcKJf1S0jpQgGxRZRjXESe2_542vcAubRUw_gt9UG6UK87V3Ql2jIEjGIcaWcXhhYAEvLUTx28AfHuhF5YcQFkx0JnIah-7NjUED_JkEgNg_rCrZTXPWR7QatNX9-dOPtXMY5w5UHDiBbDNN2ast9HKb1Vo6V6n6-m2N9RLu74HfV2Zoa2QS8HNqmlCOv6S4weSKEA==&c=NRI3JBURsRAH9Hic8rINR_pqa1cvl4Cmv-zh3xt_23by-ayhurqL0Q==&ch=46zRskpJ6W_9X8OKzsduB3Xw6RM5U-0fIsqj6Fd_xdljeZhSIaVUvg==__;!!PtGJab4!6KApmJt2Vr3GHQlmUB46KJMD-Knj00S05au6aIPJ80qq6ba5hA0gE5g2yX181Aa0Q6XbGg5ucIB9YA08peTZ1NcOczex$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
AHM Bazlur Rahman
Sun, 24 Mar 2024 13:00:19 +0000
This is for your kind information

[cid:474e567f-4b67-4dc8-a3c0-6264fcf82f5a]

Bangladesh Initiative for Unified Voices on Global Digital Compact &

Summit of the Future is Going to Organize Bangladesh Consultation on Global Digital Compact & Summit of the Future 2024

Bangladesh Initiative for Connecting, Empowering & Amplifying Unified Voices on Global Digital Compact & Summit of the Future 2024 is going to organize a day-long Bangladesh preparatory consultation on Global Digital Compact & Summit of the Future 2024 on 27 March in Dhaka.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 15:27:40 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=d94e8f1f-7b7e-4124-908e-81c44e2f1bc5&a=1122025845763&c=1280e1aa-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4&ch=128c3564-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4]

Thursday, 21 March 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001nut4cjg_ggaz7VOT8p8bWfrzTVGOOfmCj1elegavfS-63ConFE4N2rCAh57w7o8OPIWjMOKftqWvBFK0xbtIJJ5Hbecvgj8p3z6hbAi8xPiTH70ongYOoxebNJI1pTOJtrZ-TnJp1yuKtvjGnt0bW3pnlSD1JVYOw2LdFclOs4OQNLLsUISNWx1QbYr9hRemI4oodi-LCXoTmi47X4d4vgp1NzO77QXFwlPZUQ2GL1XFB4w_Saq6Ag==&c=6O7MNU_WIpHHr-ycUedeTy3NjUtlBJajtpaj2PgxMhUKH4M5-JW5FA==&ch=VVU_F_3_wx_BnRgrnuTq36OiZC2N2HdXpA0VyCRdS4r2YHil3ExhmQ==__;!!PtGJab4!_dVjudavZD1Zsg0s2bNa3s0_ST4T0rdEdH6gBAkEuDZdUevb_sJc7dU6uhDg60Znye4Xo2NbA-L034lO4xWzoaT43yhl$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 15:20:32 +0000
Hello all,

Please see attendance and recordings for the NCUC ICANN79 Readout that was held on Wednesday, 20 March 2024 at 15:00 UTC.

You can also find this information here<https://community.icann.org/x/QgATEw>.

Attendees: Abdullah Qamar, Adebunmi Akinbo, Avri Doria, Benjamin Akinmoyeje, Caleb Ogundele, Christopher Momanyi, Dorothy Gordan, Daniel Charles, Ephraim Percy Kenyanito, Farzaneh Badii, Frank Anati, GZ Kabir, Hakikur Rahman, Ines Hfaiedh, Judith Hellerstein, Julf Helsingius, Juliana Harsianti, Ken Herman, Kunle Olorundare, Lia Hernandez Perez, Mike Haffely, Muriel Alapini, Pedro de Perdigao Lana, Peter Mmbando, Remmy Nweke, Sebastien Ducos, Stephen Dakyi, Taiwo Peter Akinremi, Theorose Elikplim Dzineku, Yamikani Nyangwa | Apologies: Amin

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Wed, 20 Mar 2024 14:45:16 +0000
Dear all,

Please join the NCUC for an ICANN79 readout to be held on Wednesday, 20 March 2024 at 15:00 UTC for 1 hour.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/94092142200?pwd=TnpWeFhha3lsbytJRG1tR1E3MHIwUT09 [icann.zoom.us] [icann.zoom.us]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icann.zoom.us/j/94092142200?pwd=TnpWeFhha3lsbytJRG1tR1E3MHIwUT09*20*5bicann.zoom.us*5d__;JSUl!!PtGJab4!8E3sdLBcfF3QOX99G8vxXUvRHOUU_hjUhlUciHUCWqGZc9j6pjnVfXn1xPBr-0mGicAbHA3j7b4EsFqaTdWsNmx1YbJRJ6YF$>

Meeting ID: 940 9214 2200
Passcode: APaP=1ET!9
One tap mobile
+13017158592<tel:+13017158592>,,94092142200#,,,,*3944587510# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799<tel:+13126266799>,,94092142200#,,,,*3944587510# US (Chicago)

Phone only:
Meeting ID: 940 9214 2200
Passcode: 3944587510
Find your local number: https://icann.zoom.us/u/ajYiTPmj5 [icann.zoom.us]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icann.zoom.us/u/ajYiTPmj5__;!!PtGJab4!4LRbjuc2wD5rBwy9fnE8dN2pH5JQHTWp-kgE07C8DB72wzEeNVRCQUf6V9Mu5jYXcd8j06blsH9EtQ6kv_LVQ2ZZLmc9MstI$>
Thank you.
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
farzaneh badii
Wed, 20 Mar 2024 02:25:19 -0400
Hi all

Here are my rough and brief notes about ICANN 79. I don’t follow all the
issues, so if others want to expand or add to anything or correct something
please do chime in:

NCUC ICANN read out

Starting with the board meeting : we have our board meetings at the NCSG
level.

1. we talked about Human Rights Impact Assessment and asked the board to
consider doing HRIA on its resolutions. They said we should show them how!
So we should.
2. We talked about having a crisis report and an info page when the
status of the

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:38:09 +0000

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/94092142200?pwd=TnpWeFhha3lsbytJRG1tR1E3MHIwUT09 [icann.zoom.us]<https://icann.zoom.us/j/94092142200?pwd=TnpWeFhha3lsbytJRG1tR1E3MHIwUT09%20%5bicann.zoom.us%5d>

Meeting ID: 940 9214 2200
Passcode: APaP=1ET!9
One tap mobile
+13017158592<tel:+13017158592>,,94092142200#,,,,*3944587510# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799<tel:+13126266799>,,94092142200#,,,,*3944587510# US (Chicago)

Phone only:
Meeting ID: 940 9214 2200
Passcode: 3944587510
Find your local number: https://icann.zoom.us/u/ajYiTPmj5 [icann.zoom.us]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icann.zoom.us/u/ajYiTPmj5__;!!PtGJab4!4LRbjuc2wD5rBwy9fnE8dN2pH5JQHTWp-kgE07C8DB72wzEeNVRCQUf6V9Mu5jYXcd8j06blsH9EtQ6kv_LVQ2ZZLmc9MstI$>
Thank you.
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 20:40:15 +0000
Hello all,

The NPOC Readout has been cancelled.

Thank you!
Kind Regards,
Andrea

From: Andrea Glandon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 at 09:05
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, NCSG-Discuss <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Daniel Gluck <[log in to unmask]>, Brenda Brewer <[log in to unmask]>, Andrea Glandon <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Meeting Invitation | ICANN79 NPOC Readout | Friday, 22 March 2024 at 14:00 UTC

Dear all,

Please join NPOC for an ICANN79 Readout to be held on Friday, 22 March 2024 at 14:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

[More ...]
No Replies
ICANN Policy Calendar
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 19:54:51 +0000
Please join NPOC for an ICANN79 Readout scheduled on Friday, 22 March 2024 at 14:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

Registration is required for this meeting.

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAld-yhpz8qG9X_pzYZNVPTeLu6O8ASti_U

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
No Replies
farzaneh badii
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:29:21 -0400
Hello NCSG

Last year the commercial stakeholder group and the noncommercial
stakeholder group had to engage with the process of appointing or
re-appointing the Noncontracted Party's House ICANN Board member. We are
seeking feedback from the Noncommercial Stakeholder Group on the process
and what hurdles were faced and what is needed to improve the process.
Please fill in this form if you have suggestions/opinions about the
process. It can either be anonymous or you can tell us your name. Please
note the feedback we receive from this survey is only to help the NCSG
policy committee to take the best

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:16:39 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=baf26bbb-46ca-4efb-8b9b-12993549e3a4&a=1122025845763&c=e3793d20-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f&ch=e38c7700-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f]

Monday, 18 March 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001PHCJynJzgNY3Mjr9eCLTyQ_f-Zz9dByqOo9G7vj2_yF2T4uLBcC1l23Q23wT8DLzfwrPsiQAm3hxYG2C-mpE7oNqVmc2AiJGP6eymqHpwgJz6mMnzO4zmx0ITqxfR4k_dZOoBNz7urqEH_o43-Olf4j12bodmo99yzw6zl-uhNvX-D3z8kaoT3EWXiDmrHpc1mvZ9SikHe4WpgczkoE26fWzDSKTGTF_Jt5qlVsIa3VBSiXynin9gg==&c=sR7qOSLvAdkPhXz0fMnR9BPwdjlbMRDP26cHbIpzEdWLOtPm7Loa-Q==&ch=UTfek_VuB00Y3FqvEG5ju8cIMEiO9INmV4e5XNqQkZxyAGvxKsdpZg==__;!!PtGJab4!6mU5-gcM5wOZr29CXKGwrX9zWFV79yXaIzTR5gV9BCUK1pymSja-KwVMynDzB3H50xybNPIM9ekhSCa7rZ3HkotoxfJo$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele
Sun, 17 Mar 2024 18:03:25 -0500
Hello Everyone,

This might be of interest to some of our members who are keen on trying to
understand the Policy development process in ICANN.
ICANN ORG is organizing *ICANN for Beginners Virtual Program webinar on
policy advice development at the beginning *

Learn how policy is created at ICANN, why this is important for a
functioning Internet, and how you can contribute. There will be two
sessions, so choose the one that works best for you!

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:45:33 +0000
Dear all,

Please join NPOC for an ICANN79 Readout to be held on Friday, 22 March 2024 at 14:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAld-yhpz8qG9X_pzYZNVPTeLu6O8ASti_U

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Thank you.
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
ICANN Policy Calendar
Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:42:04 +0000
Please join NPOC for an ICANN79 Readout scheduled on Friday, 22 March 2024 at 14:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

Registration is required for this meeting.

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAld-yhpz8qG9X_pzYZNVPTeLu6O8ASti_U

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Fri, 15 Mar 2024 12:50:53 +0000
[...]

Thu, 14 Mar 2024 15:24:29 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=10573c39-bb1a-4449-ad09-aa951aed3c8a&a=1122025845763&c=e3793d20-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f&ch=e38c7700-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f]

Thursday, 14 March 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001glLY0D7QNIT8n-9rm3YzkTKeCUCR9HKtEMHGRTgYBgqIbL9uHKBtZJDoNG_KNY4So0yao-gKOurZ_Rdr64L2X5siZuBMcGjPrch9h_7eXJnAtTNrrsQ9_4qbApRjX61b6Ashkf4jt9R5IsuV3BU3b2a49bjAh4GWZ-Khg2DvxcLE7EgyB24P8pE-HLE7P2KphkWx1MJdSZYMPD23Hl_LrZMqEyyOE5rMPLlceLwZn__nu5ftc0NIqw==&c=w0MdZuZV_DfvSc9ZQxh1UFay7bhQbNhgCSNKDI6HI_a6a556p-WGBg==&ch=Vm9K-U01hTq8NyOsVrPUj19ojbdWJyFLr6Mu9wDzvScPSEtMIbnmnA==__;!!PtGJab4!4qsgcIX3sGqkF74WmmUQxd1cVJnlioQwr6RAnOlDMpMkXVPmCB7Ed2_ecs3SafaU4cWrfRFGSjURj-d8t9XYoUsTPAxW$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:05:23 +0000
Dear all,

Please join NPOC for an ICANN79 Readout to be held on Friday, 22 March 2024 at 14:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://icann.zoom.us/j/97904218380?pwd=eFMxNFlUbENxYmpiU29SMkVIRzBTZz09

Meeting ID: 979 0421 8380
Passcode: eFp$n*4x=A

Audio Only Details:
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,97904218380#,,,,*4373683828# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,97904218380#,,,,*4373683828# US (Chicago)

Passcode: 4373683828

Find your local number: https://icann.zoom.us/u/anNwgtM1f

Thank you.
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
ICANN Policy Calendar
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:02:10 +0000
Please join NPOC for an ICANN79 Readout scheduled on Friday, 22 March 2024 at 14:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://icann.zoom.us/j/97904218380?pwd=eFMxNFlUbENxYmpiU29SMkVIRzBTZz09

Meeting ID: 979 0421 8380
Passcode: eFp$n*4x=A

Audio Only Details:
One tap mobile
&#43;13017158592,,97904218380#,,,,*4373683828# US (Washington DC)
&#43;13126266799,,97904218380#,,,,*4373683828# US (Chicago)

Passcode: 4373683828

Find your local number: https://icann.zoom.us/u/anNwgtM1f
No Replies
Bruna Martins dos Santos
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:17:26 +0100
Dear all,

Sharing the Call for EOI for participation online and online at the
NetMundial+10 meeting in late April:
https://netmundial.br/expression-of-interest

Form will be open until March 18th!.

Kind regards,
--

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Global Campaigns Manager | Digital Action <http://digitalaction.co>

German Chancellor Fellow 21' (Bundeskanzler-Stipendiatin) | Alexander von
Humboldt Foundation <https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/>

Member | Coalizão Direitos na Rede <https://direitosnarede.org.br/>
Co-Coordinator | Internet Governance Caucus <https://igcaucus.org/>

[More ...]
No Replies
Emmanuel Vitus
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:48:41 +0100
Dear all,
This is a final reminder to submit comments
<https://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/proceeding/phase-1-final-report-of-the-epdp-on-internationalized-domain-names-23-01-2024>
on the EPDP on Internationalized Domain Names Phase 1 Final Report
<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2023/correspondence/epdp-idns2-leadership-team-et-al-to-gnso-council-et-al-08nov23-en.pdf>.
The report, which addresses key issues such as top-level gTLD definition
and variant management, will close for comments tomorrow.

The EPDP Team proposes sixty-nine (69) recommendations related to the New
gTLD Program, covering areas from application fees to contractual
requirements. This is the last step before the board decides.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 12:28:12 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=04348f72-5058-48c9-bb82-789a3a57d464&a=1122025845763&c=e3793d20-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f&ch=e38c7700-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f]

Monday, 11 March 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001XG27XxHMNPlh0HbixH0T48tzNFTVKLvXrF61xORAULffIiyCuVBHgEzqOkjBBGuPMc6Srpn6V9iJdgmCIRpWdr5tJFqb0WWlr_TE7NUlAy-OymEwrIs-Xus7JntTHTqKnC4FwkfUpsoov6uMQwsyCVe82CgS9aFmDu3QyAjhFo0C8bOLA6q8Q-9wcHsl1So_f0FT0Y_a4UAO1WjcJwLID5HvlmLYAkW2N2RdRSqgq97GQGt2PuSsEA==&c=Q0VrtF9SD6YutJIuBR9dR4uNylLZHyzzj37usIPp4rOgCzL1StUarQ==&ch=3ui5GF5lmdiTYtDX_RBG8WZSYP4ADSTl4a6RD0z9PSAhkIJVBueTXA==__;!!PtGJab4!4CSEfL_UquDiqE4utPETq7MVz3XqnhQi-KbYG6nQS2GUU2RaeYWQW2cvlKmRVjfK4f4ua2klgcKV9a2hK1XXLpyqW1sH$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
farzaneh badii
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 11:22:32 -0400
Hi all,

Council of Europe and Indonesia reacted to our comment during GAC open mic.
Here is the video and related transcript: See the link
<https://icann.zoom.us/rec/play/BANWf3tyQC06U44eJIhZzamcEh_hQA5W4-TLMYDLXGl0w0xJVklgfat9iPpi0dtQMs5v0o-Y2QLrAmSJ.3lzrBjk72KtIYzKn?canPlayFromShare=true&from=share_recording_detail&startTime=1709643617000&componentName=rec-play&originRequestUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ficann.zoom.us%2Frec%2Fshare%2Fele8hO2qBZcn8vsXD1imD4_jxUQuDidhFoUSDnyYErOkuaxU2xSvXI7ixfZHCuk.gF3z5MUce4PfRP76%3FstartTime%3D1709643617000>

- Hi, good morning. I'm Patrick Pennings from the
- I'm the head of the Digital Development and Governance Department in
the Council of Europe.
- and I was very much interested in the question or the issue raised
- by the non-commercial community in a way, because that's the daily
- bread, let's say, of the Council of Europe that is to be able to
- match between, on the one side.
-

[More ...]
No Replies
Johan Helsingius
Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:51:23 +0100
For all of you who participated in ICANN79, either in person
or virtually - many thanks!'

It was a long but productive week, and I got a lot of positive
feedback about our contributions, but above all it was great
to meet many of you again!

For those of you who, like me, are setting off on your travel
back home: Safe travels, and see you in Kigali if not before!

[More ...]
Show Replies 5 Replies
Stephanie E Perrin
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 12:14:54 -0500
The GNSO COuncil meeting is about to start.

https://icann.zoom.us/j/93491971680?pwd=aC9zaVdvakpMZEswQ0JDaTg4VkdHQT09#success

Stephanie Perrin
No Replies
Mueller, Milton L
Tue, 5 Mar 2024 20:48:08 +0000
Dear friends in NCSG

After attending the first few days of ICANN 79 and watching online Monday's panel discussion on so-called registry voluntary contracts, I wrote this blog which addresses the issues debated. I hope you find this informative and that we can work together in ICANN to stop ICANN from eviscerating its fundamental bylaw against content regulation.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 5 Mar 2024 20:21:34 +0000
Hello all,

Please find attached the slides from the joint session with SSAC. You can also find more information about SSAC here.

Thanks!
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele
Tue, 5 Mar 2024 08:45:15 -0400
Dear NPOC Members,

Please join the NPOC Membership session.

We have interesting policy topics to discuss and we'd love to have you join
us.

1. Juan Manuel Welcome - 2 minutes
2. Matthias M. Hudobnik (SSAC Member) - Domain Names for Private-use (20
min)
3. Questions (5 min)
4. Kathy Kleinman - Applicant Support Program (20 min)
5. Questions (5 min)
6. Administrative matters (10 min)
-Summary of Action Items (Bolutife)
-ALAC’s meeting results
7. AOB

[More ...]
No Replies
Pedro de Perdigão Lana
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 15:38:18 -0400
Tomorrow, in ICANN79 in Puerto Rico, we will discuss the urgent
intersection between ICANN’s mission, human rights and one of the hottest
topics on Internet Governance these last few years - Internet Fragmentation.

On Tuesday, March 5th, 13h15 (local time, UTC-4) join us for a session
co-hosted with Global Digital Partners where we will be exploring different
perspectives and potential next steps the ICANN community can take to
counter potential threats to the internet as we know it.

[More ...]
No Replies
farzaneh badii
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 09:16:04 -0400
Plenary in 75 minutes on public interest commitments and RVCs:
https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a1AR/plenary-session-community-consultation-on-pics-and-rvcs

Farzaneh
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 10:55:30 +0000
Hello all,

I wanted to make sure everyone is aware of the NCPH Work Session taking place on Tuesday, 05 March 2024 at 10:30 AST. NCSG and CSG will be meeting for a collaborative session.

https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a1CP/gnso-ncph-work-session

Thanks!
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
Bruna Martins dos Santos
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 10:15:40 +0100
Dear all,

We, the members of the High-Level Executive Committee of NetMundial+10,
would like to share some relevant information about the upcoming event.

High-Level Executive Committee

As announced by CGI.br, the High-Level Executive Committee (HLEC)
<https://netmundial.br/HLEC> will oversee the organization of the event,
shaping details such as the program, modes of participation, and expected
outcomes. The Civil Society Group of the HLEC is composed of the following
names: (a) Anita Gurumurthy (IT4Change), (b) Bia Barbosa (RSF); (c) Bruna
Santos (Digital Action); (d) Grace Githaiga (KictaNet); (e) Jason
Pielemeier (GNI). Valéria Betancourt (APC) is our stakeholder group
representative in the Co-Chairs

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
farzaneh badii
Sun, 3 Mar 2024 16:14:19 -0400
Happening in 3 minutes, Link:
https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a16D/gnso-cph-dns-abuse-community-outreach

what I am going to say:

How many reports you receive shouldnt be a success measure. How many
reports you took action on should not be the measure for success. The
measure for success should be qualitative. In the criminal justice system
we used these outcome oriented measures and put people in jail and got
tough on crime while violating human rights and didn’t even fix the system.
Lets not do that in dns space. What we want from these amendments are solid
due process structures, meaningful transparency reports on the categories
of abuse

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Stephanie E Perrin
Sun, 3 Mar 2024 14:01:08 -0500
The NCSG working meeting at the ICANN Public Meeting is about to start,
here is the zoom link from the schedule.
https://icann.zoom.us/j/94496729062?pwd=cVBwNTdZNGZRNG9ZQ3NSWnhxeFpldz09

Stephanie Perrin
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:58:39 +0000
Hello!

The NCSG Membership Session will begin in 2 minutes.

https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a17f/gnso-ncsg-membership-work-session

Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
Tomslin Samme-Nlar
Sun, 3 Mar 2024 12:47:25 -0400
Dear members,

As you are aware, part of Recommendation #7 from the the CCWG-AP final
report stated that ICANN’s existing accountability mechanisms – the
Independent Review Process (IRP) or the Reconsideration Process – could not
be used to challenge decisions made by the Independent Applications
Assessment Panel on individual applications within the Grant Program.

At ICANN78 (Hamburg), the Board decided that it will direct ICANN org to
use the contractual terms and conditions required to apply for the Grant
Program to obtain applicant agreement that they cannot use ICANN’s
accountability mechanisms to challenge any individual decision taken on
their application

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
陳曼茹 Manju Chen
Sat, 2 Mar 2024 17:16:58 -0400
Hi all,

Below are the observations I shared during the Policy Meeting

Generally I felt the process was indeed improved from the last round. Some
improvements I noticed include:

- Applicant could still apply for the strings if they are not qualified
for Applicant Support.
- Applicant have to meet the criteria of 'Public Responsibility Due
Diligence'' (different from the Public Interest criteria from the last
round).
- Enhanced diversity in terms of eligibility requirements. (cause, size
of entity, indegeous groups, non-profit...)
- Updated financial stability criteria from the 'financial capabilities'
criteria.

[More ...]
No Replies
farzaneh badii
Sat, 2 Mar 2024 15:38:17 -0400
Hi NCSG

Tomorrow we have a meeting with the contracted party's on DNS abuse. They
are asking to focus on this question: What is the most important single
thing you would like to see flowing from the amended contracts going live
on 5 April

Here is what I have put together, which is rough and long but will edit it
and streamline it better.:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X5kpSAqEfNrrQUm1Sey9_7I0-yMsZuZCwZ80Aovi75A/edit

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:22:09 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=ef9a481f-849f-45a9-b657-59c39b6334fd&a=1122025845763&c=e3793d20-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f&ch=e38c7700-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f]

Thursday, 29 February 2024

ICANN Community Digest

[https://files.constantcontact.com/304b3fd3501/31f30ab5-1445-45c3-aef7-c0ea4ebcc58c.jpg?rdr=true]

The next issue of the ICANN Community Digest will be published on 11 March 2024.

The ICANN organization Policy Development Support function publishes this twice-weekly digest

to help ICANN community groups track requests and follow updates.

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001jOr476R7YRPO9wgZy7IrZUyEeTMEbNGQStUcOKjrHRZbnKtzv7Laa4FYXm79Ylo5zYJ1n49_AQKTLtPpL8MdN7izyXMyCSA_8utKlGjik8VTHRy7bWCjDrqIXf7GfFXYIYgxNME0vQ1Sg5JO_nBlDbCHWNn-QPoVwbeUM7L8Wk5uEUYSijaoPUfrZ44PlHp7_geMUB-WiSUfq19kAkeDnW_K4SzUSbsvatV872vkydZdj3OystEP7w==&c=U86flPDQkKyFi4hDqqLtRJmvbYoKHS8VvqEHlfMPTiGCqkceCKW_tQ==&ch=DQaKZMH9LK_xOC706nQwvq4fvIQAKvVniEDAGTzYujb5tnHxJCXawg==__;!!PtGJab4!7YpCCWGI0RiIV_j23kIfcb9gAAPdAxTxkm98S8Z88e9u6zphgocH7WQeK5KH0HH75TbjlQUWg2jaaRhhiOMAgZPjip_I$>

[More ...]
No Replies
Johan Helsingius
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 08:03:53 +0100
Dear NCSG members, and especially our representatives,

This is an awkward email to write, but it seems to have become
almost standard operating practice for us to start meetings and
calls 5 or 10 min late to wait for people to show up.

In ICANN meetings we have to live with the ICANN culture that is pretty
much the US corporate culture - a culture which values punctuality and
being late is viewed as unhelpful and possibly disrespectful of other
attendees' time.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 13:59:37 +0000
Hello all,

On Tuesday, 05 March the GAC will host an open mic session to offer the opportunity for members of the ICANN Community to gather in the GAC meeting room to share their news and views with committee delegates in person and online. This session will be at 09:00 local time. This session will serve as an ‘open hour’ where individuals from different constituencies across the ICANN community are invited to register for a short remark time slot and "take the mic" to present questions or comments to the GAC. The GAC will be in "listening" mode during this

[More ...]
Show Replies 12 Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 16:50:26 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=335e82e3-c4ca-4ca0-bc57-d1db71e6d021&a=1122025845763&c=1280e1aa-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4&ch=128c3564-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4]

Monday, 26 February 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001NYystNJl8bRidu42jMe5-ghaa_S8GRKuplO4GKn4Vp-Ff9HDr5pCHSFu9_Apmwh2BBhrcx1BqByzeeop6ghzKWlq6C-eiGJJuK778at3_WchHSq8ubcHlGobHwydo8O1ptvUuoWCnadrnazDxkctb0OrqA58kTwcS-Hnw2hnJMLQd4ORy83qR2OUi-SqQNk8onvMRbyHGi6pBLwjPRdwdu5QX8sK2Cl3jxURciD2SF3ig9G86jhMVg==&c=WoZYIx0ZPebR8RTpDQT3P3TdwwLu99Po_kV_gubY64JNLe7O61HtdQ==&ch=hLHIDicIbILqFhALlj64YrJGykaLKkffxTpqYHv_bSM8_DABKDxPiQ==__;!!PtGJab4!6-wdjXlZlHT7uIA8JxLS5MkI51d032S1A3Ido7y52TcLoiMtj_xe42sma9508sEmItC94CiVYixuceT3dQKS4dZrf-_N$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 15:01:10 +0000
Hello NCSG Membership,

Please join us for the NCSG Special Event...RDRS: What is it and who the [bleep] is getting my personal domain name registration data and when? (Part 2)

Monday, 26 February 2024 at 15:00 UTC for 90 minutes. Find your time here [timeanddate.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG*Special*Event*3A*RDRS*Part*2*&iso=20240226T15&p1=*3A&ah=1&am=30__;KyslKysrKyU!!PtGJab4!96wesRsIZ0fAWj1Gg_7DKToj4DOCJ2nFj0b-hS8iYW6A4EEXJIYRwZthMmlAcDidd-cZfrK42-mazi7bPSpIPz063ITAJyM07WU$>.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/96976378542?pwd=WUN0UFhhZ1hXNXAzcVRYTWdVcnRlZz09 [icann.zoom.us]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icann.zoom.us/j/96976378542?pwd=WUN0UFhhZ1hXNXAzcVRYTWdVcnRlZz09__;!!PtGJab4!96wesRsIZ0fAWj1Gg_7DKToj4DOCJ2nFj0b-hS8iYW6A4EEXJIYRwZthMmlAcDidd-cZfrK42-mazi7bPSpIPz063ITAyEbwe0U$>

Meeting ID: 969 7637 8542
Passcode: GeC&nZD^3a

[More ...]
No Replies
Ken Herman
Fri, 23 Feb 2024 11:56:45 -0500
Hello NCSG and NCUC members.

Thanks to everyone who was able to attend this week's briefing on ICANN's
Remote Data Request System (RDRS).

After an introduction by Wisdom, Kathy provided background and was followed
by a presentation by Ms. Diana Middleton of ICANN. The session then invited
Ms. Sarah Wyld and Ms. Reg Levy, both from the registrar Tucows, to offer
their perspective.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:17:11 +0000
[...]

Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:11:13 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=da4b8d46-6c45-485d-96eb-ab564c63f2f9&a=1122025845763&c=e3793d20-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f&ch=e38c7700-5ac9-11e8-b8c7-d4ae5292c36f]

Thursday, 22 February 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001waBrt2HkNLCpS4v0UJzar81JhyyDxtZE7nInOQr3jTwWwJXjatZiXqUw4cHpR0K2AX3zOwCFjarOWp6u2WlnZyYol-e9ltE8RJagWvwnSBxQt9H_1oiIAu00zrIaOGeaGDTElz7QpgQBeOLNcR43Ae6yylaUZML99xMB6Pp4gFwa_rrGlKpA99is80WCCLlJ0vJDARehE7fwpF_3qobEM2ANY_6mjgJWXSjVlms_uOnmVnZa7GCaiA==&c=DGa1VSAX90p_dtYpp9keuQTL1GGdtjuU-C4FAsDbR1M7X0X4K8N0Dg==&ch=HHNr75ukgcdrID-GgZH1eiWSxl44IEvpQR45y2mLK-LqbJHfO4Ea4A==__;!!PtGJab4!_7i2oB2F8_C6j4NYBhlVnWr3ZtYKm_ekxFWSNeQkscSJmL4evGX58lPmnRDlnDkH5662qBgVlfx15-ZzTWhnL6cPjDUy$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:41:58 +0000
NCSG will have a 15 minute meeting with RrSG at ICANN79 at 17:00 local time. The Zoom room for this meeting will be available 24 hours prior at this link: https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a1CW/gnso-rrsg-membership-work-session-3-of-3
Show Replies 1 Reply
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:23:22 +0000
NCSG will have a 30 minute meeting with SSAC at ICANN79 at 15:00 local time. The Zoom room for this meeting will be available 24 hours prior at this link: https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a1Fx/ssac-work-session-6-of-8
Show Replies 1 Reply
Andrea Glandon
Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:39:24 +0000
Dear all,

Please find below the recordings for the NCSG Special Event: RDRS Part 1 session that was held on Wednesday, 21 February 2024 at 15:00 UTC.

This information is also available here<https://community.icann.org/x/roUQAw> along with the slides from ICANN org’s presentation.

Zoom Replay + chat: https://icann.zoom.us/rec/play/i2orr_Nk-UNjDJH1wcPvNuX5R7S0VPErvyh3SuY5BGblNkTOURUh-pPVWNIMc-AT4xK8gfZ_EDk34a6f.mezuHeTrDCZ2Fdgb
Audio Replay: https://icann.zoom.us/rec/play/fN0PDmz-7Ls6wBSCaYJEz1JueDXKRBtwvpM5lEblo_OQ0L0Lmfkts8ABF6bHYPvG_sPhf2QdU6hH0lyj.LPyAfEtU7BdBr1wS

Thank you!
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:01:15 +0000
Hello NCSG Membership,

Please join us for the NCSG Special Event...RDRS: What is it and who the [bleep] is getting my personal domain name registration data and when? (Part 1)

Wednesday, 21 February 2024 at 15:00 UTC for 90 minutes. Find your time here [timeanddate.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG*Special*Event*3A*RDRS*Part*1*&iso=20240221T15&p1=1440&ah=1&am=30__;KyslKysrKw!!PtGJab4!7K6ZXg7fAqvDd9Pq8D5pY9aj5LHdnpt0L2_kHvotERbI-NV5fkp4AsvEphWdf5xHglqqyQfFOdmtrSZXlOW2t0bnuLYU6Jsq-sA$>.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/92710577691?pwd=c1JlQ2FMQ2ZLaGxIbFVmdGNreXNvdz09 [icann.zoom.us]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icann.zoom.us/j/92710577691?pwd=c1JlQ2FMQ2ZLaGxIbFVmdGNreXNvdz09__;!!PtGJab4!7K6ZXg7fAqvDd9Pq8D5pY9aj5LHdnpt0L2_kHvotERbI-NV5fkp4AsvEphWdf5xHglqqyQfFOdmtrSZXlOW2t0bnuLYUp6km6Ns$>

Meeting ID: 927 1057 7691
Passcode: %1NM.c%rv&

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 13:17:42 +0000
[...]

Tue, 20 Feb 2024 13:08:17 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=1b7d9f1c-21ad-4b8a-834b-03eb12ee05bf&a=1122025845763&c=29b60710-5027-11e5-b466-d4ae527557ea&ch=2a0167f0-5027-11e5-b475-d4ae527557ea]

Monday, 19 February 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0017-IMtRH4hZyrZu6RON3IaZDQ1DKewZunvkDSUHx6i4LfaJJucCiwPWyx1mgk7oKRcT411ONWk6z6OzP9dQB_S2p0KF90eq-9GklXqP4e2WRI0h2Fu4CggL4TgFr9VHkHjD5ew2W_Cl0NTKEsY0Hsi-smd5ICDQbJcZklyjS5duj3HzV-pnQDvTVWIpqSKh41gsOXGeQLg9VGaJUW3N1eZj6SuagvDjUl4dA5tbRuDOnDbyrxLSzg0Q==&c=VW1eHUWESh2mvxS5jbv2y197hlSRTIQNUcN4BhocR-1IAIOQE_HPtA==&ch=ApowktXUsSo4AFmYEwRu4wRlA4Si6J8oviS8vwXCcyuSs6eMm0iPzg==__;!!PtGJab4!-BNwCej-TvXSaD7QnJIs_JKSkg2Pd5a7k5J0fCRMyoCcJDOAYnxN60QL2-3YCFzejU360q6LjLm6B14W_1XJunUYz1E$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Johan Helsingius
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:10:43 +0100
We also need to submit our questions to the board by tomorrow (21
February).

Julf

On 16/02/2024 17:57, Johan Helsingius wrote:
> The board is asking us two questions, the deadline is 21 February.
>
> - There is an ICANN CEO goal to have the organization develop and
> implement a communications and engagement strategy to address the WSIS
> 20-year review - what are the NCSG’s views on ICANN engagement
> priorities and strategies in this space?
>
> - Engagement with between groups and bodies in the ICANN space is
> continuing to evolve, including with the

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sam Lanfranco
Mon, 19 Feb 2024 16:41:08 +0000
The comment period is open for the Proposed Language for Draft Sections of the Next Round Applicant Guidebook
https://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/proceeding/proposed-language-for-draft-sections-of-the-next-round-applicant-guidebook-01-02-2024

The Comment Period is open until March 19th . NCSG may wish to submit comments. NCSG members may wish to submit individual comments.
This Public Comment proceeding is the first in a series of proceedings that will seek input from the ICANN community on proposed language for the Applicant Guidebook (AGB) for the New gTLD Program: Next Round.
The Draft Needs Your Input On:
In this first proceeding, ICANN org published the following draft sections of

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
ICANN Policy Calendar
Fri, 16 Feb 2024 18:21:10 +0000
Please join the NCSG Monthly Policy call on Monday, 13 May at 11:30 UTC.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/98878189584?pwd=ZVpkSVVuaXVqeGRMelNEWW1LMkxQUT09
Meeting ID: 988 7818 9584
Passcode: i!y7.qx&#43;11

One tap mobile
&#43;16699006833,,98878189584#,,,,,,0#,,7740925615# US (San Jose)
&#43;12532158782,,98878189584#,,,,,,0#,,7740925615# US (Tacoma)
PHONE ONLY DETAILS:
Find your local number: https://icann.zoom.us/u/ayKmeftWg
Meeting ID: 988 7818 9584
Phone only Passcode: 7740925615
No Replies
ICANN Policy Calendar
Fri, 16 Feb 2024 18:20:57 +0000
Please join the NCSG Monthly Policy call on Monday, 15 April at 11:30 UTC.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/98878189584?pwd=ZVpkSVVuaXVqeGRMelNEWW1LMkxQUT09
Meeting ID: 988 7818 9584
Passcode: i!y7.qx&#43;11

One tap mobile
&#43;16699006833,,98878189584#,,,,,,0#,,7740925615# US (San Jose)
&#43;12532158782,,98878189584#,,,,,,0#,,7740925615# US (Tacoma)
PHONE ONLY DETAILS:
Find your local number: https://icann.zoom.us/u/ayKmeftWg
Meeting ID: 988 7818 9584
Phone only Passcode: 7740925615
No Replies
Johan Helsingius
Fri, 16 Feb 2024 17:57:08 +0100
The board is asking us two questions, the deadline is 21 February.

- There is an ICANN CEO goal to have the organization develop and
implement a communications and engagement strategy to address the WSIS
20-year review - what are the NCSG’s views on ICANN engagement
priorities and strategies in this space?

- Engagement with between groups and bodies in the ICANN space is
continuing to evolve, including with the introduction of session in the
Prep Week and breakout rooms on specific issues of current interest -
does the NCSG have views on these new approaches or how to continue

[More ...]
No Replies
AHM Bazlur Rahman
Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:37:10 +0000
[cid:175094f5-3b22-46a8-b30c-bd590fb3f999]

Inter-ministerial & CSOs Coordination Meeting held in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on

Bangladesh Preparation for the Global Digital Compact and UN Summit of the Future 2024

Dhaka, 15 February 2024:

In continuation of the Global Digital Compact and Summit of the Future 2024 Bangladesh Preparation, an Inter-ministerial Coordination Meeting was convened at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh on 14 February 2024 with a hybrid manner.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Thu, 15 Feb 2024 16:34:48 +0000
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=1968e606-b3dd-4d43-96d1-602897c08b25&a=1122025845763&c=1280e1aa-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4&ch=128c3564-dade-11e9-b5ac-d4ae527547e4]

Thursday, 15 February 2024

How Domain Name System Policy is Developed, and How You Can Get Involved [r20.rs6.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UQwUNzmCvkx8ehhJuXrOyYsNT19-s6lB9J_ULG0EUbpWJUknwC_i6MPDLmAMqQPgm59XS-Nc--qMFM1uFtWS9dSbPQdda5qx0-bsSONpHSEFA6xDXlaVQaKy4GqY2lDfBy12ozEVptkiTwYJ1FscRmBt_8DktuN2c-HAmspfEXlKfrMXoxlhgf6zIQu0BNPKSOTgdrZtTtxNUWZyI2edjbs1kB7rw9B8tuM3oLfrJ2osmR8y9C_juQ==&c=BKhJUHBPOl3ChY6MwRJ_746tcgIYpHV05boSaS-e6Sh-SfopPEDmIA==&ch=JrI82ukYy74QBesR5kD6pPn56R3NU1eQgzty7-o3MvI1bZhNldfSnA==__;!!PtGJab4!9Pi2r0th1yh-zpNGGSMfu5kjFtSiFxlRbrkLYJBGB9f5j8z6ZRINyHlLvvqb4J7piysVCmIcBrja_KDTUx2Qe1dQvV6s$>

Do you have any ideas for improving the ICANN Community Digest?

Write to us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Wed, 14 Feb 2024 18:17:09 +0000
[...]

Wed, 14 Feb 2024 18:14:17 +0000
Please join the NCUC for an ICANN79 Readout scheduled on Wednesday, 20 March 2024 at 15:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/94092142200?pwd=TnpWeFhha3lsbytJRG1tR1E3MHIwUT09
Meeting ID: 940 9214 2200
Passcode: APaP=1ET!9

AUDIO ONLY DETAILS:
One tap mobile
&#43;13017158592,,94092142200#,,,,*3944587510# US (Washington DC)
&#43;13126266799,,94092142200#,,,,*3944587510# US (Chicago)

Find your local number: https://icann.zoom.us/u/ajYiTPmj5
Meeting ID: 940 9214 2200
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:10:09 +0000
Hello all,

Each month I will be sending an email with the details to join the GNSO Council meeting.

This month, the GNSO Council meeting is scheduled for Thursday, 15 February 2024 at 21:00 UTC. Please find below a link to the agenda, and the details to join the meeting to observe.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 13 Feb 2024 20:01:43 +0000
Hello NCSG,

The ICANN79 Policy Outlook Report is now available here: https://go.icann.org/outlook79.

[cid:image001.jpg@01DA5E85.2BC8EB60]

Also available to share on social media at these links:

X: https://twitter.com/ICANN/status/1757490841365414130
FB: https://www.facebook.com/icannorg/posts/pfbid02eig2wm8zk7fB9SHoJZmk7qg7RG2BFkJwvEthMDZfeUFTv1zKcTmxnmcSgJyMj2NGl
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:share:7163256541310136321/

Thank you!
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:23:40 +0000
Hello NCSG Members,

The ICANN79 Policy Outlook report is now available at: https://go.icann.org/outlook79.

[cid:image001.jpg@01DA5E6F.1844E500]
Thank you!
Andrea Glandon
Policy Operations Coordinator
Skype ID: acglandon76
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:21:36 +0000
Dear all,

With ICANN79<https://meetings.icann.org/en/icann79> just around the corner, please take a moment to read the information below for a seamless and successful meeting.

REGISTER NOW! DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS 29 February 2024!

* Sign into Your ICANN Account or create an account here [account.icann.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/account.icann.org/login__;!!PtGJab4!7OsehoONe6IE4TAiR46GSzLGqabZPNLhGybBtEkh5RdeGoUb1WswlPHanA3a7fE1XVOUZsTc3vuIKhvwoeOWT-RGU51d$>.
* Register by selecting the Meeting Registration tile.
* Click on the Registration link.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 12 Feb 2024 19:35:24 +0000

Monday, 26 February 2024 at 15:00 UTC for 90 minutes. Find your time here<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG+Special+Event%3A+RDRS+Part+2+&iso=20240226T15&p1=%3A&ah=1&am=30>.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/96976378542?pwd=WUN0UFhhZ1hXNXAzcVRYTWdVcnRlZz09

Meeting ID: 969 7637 8542
Passcode: GeC&nZD^3a

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrea Glandon
Mon, 12 Feb 2024 19:35:23 +0000

Wednesday, 21 February 2024 at 15:00 UTC for 90 minutes. Find your time here<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG+Special+Event%3A+RDRS+Part+1+&iso=20240221T15&p1=1440&ah=1&am=30>.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/92710577691?pwd=c1JlQ2FMQ2ZLaGxIbFVmdGNreXNvdz09

Meeting ID: 927 1057 7691
Passcode: %1NM.c%rv&

[More ...]
No Replies
ICANN Policy Calendar
Mon, 12 Feb 2024 18:05:49 +0000
Please join us for the NCSG Special Event...RDRS: What is it and who the [bleep] is getting my personal domain name registration data and when? (Part 2)

Monday, 26 February 2024 at 15:00 UTC for 90 minutes. Find your time here<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NCSG+Special+Event%3A+RDRS+Part+2+&iso=20240226T15&p1=%3A&ah=1&am=30>.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://icann.zoom.us/j/96976378542?pwd=WUN0UFhhZ1hXNXAzcVRYTWdVcnRlZz09

Meeting ID: 969 7637 8542
Passcode: GeC&amp;nZD^3a

One tap mobile
&#43;13017158592,,96976378542#,,,,*4889187568# US (Washington DC)
&#43;13126266799,,96976378542#,,,,*4889187568# US (Chicago)

[More ...]
No Replies