From:
Milton Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Milton Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:29:05 -0500
forwarded

>>> Jefsey_Morfin <[log in to unmask]> 11/10/2006 11:19:09 PM >>>
Dear Danny,
"I have serious concerns regarding this application.  I will forward
the requisite due diligence to the list as soon as my research is
complete."
This seems interesting.

Can I help you :-)?

1) is INTLNET an organisation interested in networking - since August
22, 1978

2) does it own its own domain name? Just try as thousands do every
day http://intlnet.org/intlfile.txt

3) is it non-com? has not even a bank account. This simplifies
accounting and has never been necessary.
     Did not impeach it from running the ICANN job from 1978 to 1986
:-)?

Are we active in the defense of Multi-Internet users?

     -  ISOC France EGENI
        http://egeni.org/index.php?ID=1010436  - workshop 2.
       "The Multilingual Internet is the appropriation of the
Internet by each lingual community. Its purpose is to support each
language in the same technical, cultural, economic, and political way
as English, enabling the Human and Nations' Right to equal linguistic
opportunity. This calls for a new understanding of the Internet that
is based on the empowerment of its various linguistic, local,
dedicated, or private relational spaces. This understanding finds its
"killing application" in the engaged multilingualisation. In
introducing the situation after Tunis, the actors of the
multilingualisation evolution, and the actions they undertook, we
will consider the economic, political, and societal stakes of the
cyber-linguistic diversity, as well as the impact on IANA,
multilingual domain name deployment, and the multilingual referential
systems of the users and local governances."

     - UNESCO/ITU Symposium on promoting the Multilingual Internet

http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/worksem/multilingual/papers/s1paper-morfin.pdf

     - Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
       http://www.intgovforum.org/Substantive_1st_IGF/e-mdrs-intro.pdf

But you may remember that we have been quite active as @large, User