From:
Danny Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Danny Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:13:03 -0700
Dear all,

Milton has requested that I share a clarification of
my views with the list; I am happy to do so.

Milton,

I have no issues with Ross's proposal.  By the same
token, I do not believe that it (no standardized
policy) represents the best way forward.  I recall the
face-to-face multi-day policy session that we had on
the topic of new gTLDs in Washington where you and
Mawaki and I participated.  What emerged was a lowest
common denominator understanding (not exactly
consensus, but reasonably close) that guided a path
forward.

I see the value in face-to-face discussions and
recognize the fact that other proposals heretofore
submitted had been given short shrift by members of
Jordyn Buchanan's WHOIS TF.  I am not prepared to give
up either on these proposals or on the concept of the
value of ongoing multi-stakeholder dialogue on this
topic.

I would rather see the NCUC put forward a motion
calling for intersessional multi-party discussions on
WHOIS.  Less in-your-face, and more face-to-face.

regards,
Danny Younger

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC