From:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2014 13:28:50 -0800
Thanks Sam,

I think the one thing we mostly agree on here at NCSG, regardless of where
we stand on what to do about "public interest" terminology, is that ICANN
should have a narrow remit and stick to that as a matter of course.

This is about network names and numbers, not the kitchen sink.

It'd be a good thing if we always remember to start there, whenever we're
talking about various strategies and tactics.  If we remember what we're
aiming for, other considerations will tend to fall into place more easily,
especially if we pay attention to the details of a particular context.

Dan

--
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author alone and do
not necessarily reflect any position of the author's employer.