From:
David Cake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Cake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2014 12:07:20 +0800
It is worth noting again that many of the 'Public Interest Commitments' made by new gTLD operators contain clauses and commitments that are probably not in the public interest at all, and that go against consensus policy recommendations. A case in point is many of them bring in the idea of a globally protected trade mark list, which was explicitly rejected as policy, and protects the interests of IP maximalist trade mark owners more than the public.

David