From:
Arsène Tungali <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arsène Tungali <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2017 15:40:29 +0200
Hi Ayden,

Thanks for pointing our members to this information, we need to be
looking into the way ICANN resources are being used. I was glad to
note that it is YOU (our member) who raised that question with regards
to the cost of the meeting :)

I had a quick look at the minutes and the travel report
(https://community.icann.org/display/ncph/Intersessional+2017+-+Documents?preview=/63144488/71603236/GNSO%20NCPH%20Intersessional%20Meeting%202017%20Travel%20Report.pdf)
and have the following comments:

- I maybe wrong, but i think the reason (or one of the reasons) behind
the increase compared to 2016 is because this year, the numbers have
increased in terms of participants (attendees), number of travel
support given, hotel supports, etc. I believe that's why more money
was spent?

- I have a question (maybe odd) but what criteria determines the
amount of perdiem/stipend received by attendees? I see many received
$350 (including yourself) but others over that, some even over $600?
How is this determined?

- Now that the upcoming Intercessional will be in LA next year, can we
expect to have another raise in the budget? LA might be more expensive
than Iceland, i believe?

Thanks,
Arsene

>>> Collaboration
>>> Software](http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/overview/team-collaboration-software?utm_source=email-footer)

--
------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN Fellow (Los Angeles
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-18-en> & Marrakech
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/marrakech55-attendees-2016-03-14-en>
). AFRINIC Fellow (Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)