From:
Amir Qayyum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amir Qayyum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2018 13:04:28 +0500
Hi Farzaneh,

As I have also served on the NomCom for 2 years, here are my few
thoughts on your comments:

1. Comment on Recommendation 2: As NomCom members (1) come as
representatives of their constituencies not necessarily as hiring
experts, and (2) they change frequently after their term, therefore I
do believe that training the incoming members is a good idea. Usually
it is quite effective in my opinion, but at least this helps to
identify the "relative priorities of various parameters and their
importance" that one needs to keep in mind while evaluating a
candidate for a board position. As NCSG is supporting Recommendation
#4, I think that both can be done in a same training, and I think it
is the current practice (one single training addressing both
recommendation 2 and 4). As NCSG is also supporting recommendation 5
and 6, then this support of recommendation 2 will be inline with our
other support.

2. Comment on Recommendation 7: In my opinion, NomCom's work is quite
crucial and requires good experience, do you think that we should
suggest to add the word "consecutive" in the recommendation statement,
so that one more non-consecutive term could be possible in future? The
statement after the addition of this word may look like: NomCom
members, except for leadership positions, should serve two-year terms,
but be limited to a maximum of two consecutive terms and a total of
three terms. I am not strongly supporting this, but it may benefit to
bring more experienced members.

3. Comments on Recommendation 17 and 26: Response is OK, but these
should be made more clear. I gives a feeling of first supporting and
then objecting diversity.

My 2 cents.

Amir