From:
Arsène Tungali <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arsène Tungali <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:41:27 +0200
Hi Tatiana,

Thank you very much for this exercise and i am sure our members will
find it useful. As you said, we as GNSO Councilors, are available if
there is any question with regards to what was discussed at the
previous meeting.

I personally am involved, as part of the small group of GNSO
Councilors who were tasked to look closely to the issue that is
affecting the SSR2 RT and provide suggestions to the Council. We had
discussions and have drafted a letter to SO/AS leaders who have the
responsibility to decide when and how this RT should resume. This
letter will be part of the discussions during the Council meeting that
will be happening as part of the Strategic Meeting happening next week
in Los Angeles.

I have been following this issue since it happened at ICANN60 and
would like to hear if our members have any interest/thoughts or
questions with regards to this important accountability mechanism, the
review team. We can discuss over email (on the list or privately) and
during the PC call today.

Regards,
Arsene

--
------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN's GNSO Council
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm> Member. AFRINIC Fellow (
Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)