From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2018 15:33:48 +0300
Dear Farzaneh,

Yes, that's what I mean. As our charter explicitly says member removal
procedures are subject to membership approval, that presumably means
something - that approving member removal procedures requires something
more than other procedures the EC can do by itself.

"2.2.6 Procedural rules

The Executive Committee shall create procedural rules for membership
and for existing members to maintain their good standing or for
removal of membership for cause. ***Any such procedure will be subject
to membership approval.***"

To me such language implies a vote by the membership or some other
extraordinary procedure.

So, how did EC obtain that approval from membership?

Or how do you interpret that sentence in the charter?

Tapani

--
Tapani Tarvainen