From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2018 16:41:59 +0300
Dear Farzaneh,

I remember discussion about the membership approval issue in the EC
when I cas Chair, whether or vote would be needed or not, but no
conclusion; I guess I thought it would come up in the EC when the
procedures were ready.

In any case past discussions and my failure to act timely are not
really relevant. I'm just asking what the EC decided about it.

So, I take it your view is that the membership approval requirement is
satisfied by posting link to the procedures in (still editable google
docs) to ncsg-discuss and taking lack of objections as approval (even
though it is known that all members aren't on the list and that some
can't read google docs).

If the EC has so decided, fine. As I don't have any objections
to the procedures themselves, I won't complain further.

In any case it doesn't seem to bother anybody much whether
or not we follow our charter.

Tapani