From:
Ayden Férdeline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ayden Férdeline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2019 22:59:21 +0000
I would also like to see Stephanie Perrin continue serving as NCSG Chair. As some members will be aware, particularly those paying attention to the ICANN org budget for the coming fiscal year, we are not the most popular part of the community. We are not puppets that can be controlled, and this means we don't always get rewarded with accepted Additional Budgetary Requests.

But under Stephanie's leadership I think our standing in the community is rising - slowly. Stephanie is known for her fact-based analyses and steadfast committment to behaving in an ethical manner. And she's an excellent public speaker. If you have seen her take the microphone at a public forum, you'll have seen the rounds of applauses that she is able to generate by speaking truth to power.

She is one of our strongest assets, both for her institutional memory and political savviness as to how ICANN functions, but also because she is willing to share her knowledge and to mentor members so that they can grow and become productive contributors shaping DNS policy themselves.

Ayden Férdeline