From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2017 13:33:49 -0400
On 03-May-17 12:13, Mueller, Milton L wrote:
> Here is what I see as the real problem: Why didn’t someone – should be
> the NCSG chair but could be any Council member –  say, “hey members,
> we have two people running for a board seat, one of them is NCUC
> member Matt Shears, the other is incumbent Markus Kummer, who has in
> relative terms been a friend of NCSG. The Councilors who are supposed
> to represent you will need to pick one soon. Who do you think they
> ought to support?”

That would have been good.  Though some might have worried about
speaking openly about the candidates - while it is political, it is not
the dog eat dog politics we often experience.

Though we did have the face to face, with remote, opportunity to
interview them in Copenhagen, which was a open meeting and not a back
room cabal.   And at least on the NCSG side, the vote was by the
individual council members and we do not know who each of them consulted
in making up their minds.

I am personally sad that so few voted for Markus given his support for
much that we seem to support, though I am very happy for Matt and hope
he serves us as well. It was one of the rare elections where I like both
candidates.

avri

---