From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2017 13:49:57 +0300
Looks like we've got six question candidates now, we should pick two
(abbreviated here to get a short list for initial weeding):

(1) Ombudsman performance and monitoring

This looks like a good question to me. It could also work as GNSO
question, perhaps some councillor could suggest it to the council?

(2) NomCom appointment imbalance between CSG and NCSG

This could also work, although it'd take a bit of care in how it's
played (should we go for all-or-nothing, i.e., stakeholder group
equality 3-3 at all costs, or consider settling for a compromise
of 3-2 with one-per-constituency plan).
This one would not work as a council question, I think.

(3) Why should the Consumer Safeguards Director be asking the
Community what he should be doing

This is another good question, though one that probably would not fly
if offered to the council (might be worth a shot though).

(4) Why the ICANN Board cannot take time to send representatives at
RIR meetings

This I think has already been answered.

(5) What'll happen with Puerto Rico

This one will probably be answered before Abu Dhabi (and decided
by the staff rather than the Board).

(6) Are there plans of other efforts where ICANN board becomes more
approachable by regional community members

This might work but is perhaps too easy, not so likely to elicit
a useful response.

So my tentative pick would be 1 and 3, but if possible try first
get the council take 1, in which case we could substitute 2 or 4.

Opinions?

--
Tapani Tarvainen