From:
Vidushi Marda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vidushi Marda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2017 12:15:21 +0530
Hi All,

In the NCSG comment, wouldn't it be important to mention how this
presumptive renewal goes against ICANN's core values of using market
mechanisms to promote a competitive environment and promoting
competition to benefit the public interest?

Renewing the contract without an open tender is perpetuating a monopoly
of a close to a billion dollars. It doesn't help that ICANN gets a
substantial amount of money from verisign either - see here:
https://twitter.com/VidushiMarda/status/656041061278609408

Curious to hear your thoughts!

Vidushi