From:
Niels ten Oever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Niels ten Oever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2017 13:35:03 +0200
Hi Milton and Vidushi,

Interesting discussion. Milton seems to say that the options are binary:
either there is presumption of renewal, or there is an auction.

But as far as I understand currently there is a presumption of renewal
even if there is a material breach of contract. The standards for
renewal seems to be very low, which is why one could argue that it is
anti-competetive, and in the bad for the end-user. There seem to be very
few incentives for the operator to comply in good faith.

Would it perhaps be an idea to improve the standards for renewal?

Best,

Niels

--
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                     678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9