From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2017 11:00:53 -0400
Hi,

Just to point out that we will have not only a PDP WG session, we will
be sponsoring 2 cross community sessions on Geographical names at the
top level.  We are hoping for at participation from the cross section of
the SOAC.

From the Newsletter:

The Working Group leadership team is making preparations for
cross-community sessions at ICANN59 focused on the treatment of
geographic names at the top level. These sessions, which will be open to
the entire community, will be held on Tuesday 27 June from 17:00 to
18:30 local time and Thursday 29 June from 15:15 to 18:30 local time.
Remote participation and language interpretation will be available. The
face-to-face sessions follow two webinars, which provided background on
the history of these issues as well an opportunity to hear the variety
of positions held by different members of the ICANN community. At
ICANN59, participants will seek to work through substantive proposals
from the community and a path forward for policy development with
respect to the use of geographic terms at the top level.

avri

On 07-Jun-17 19:13, Rafik Dammak wrote:
> hi all,
>
> please find below the link to the last newsletter from the New gTLD
> Subsequent procedures working group. you may recall that we submitted
> a response to the questionnaire made by that group a few weeks ago.
> the working group will also hold a session at the ICANN meeting in
> Johannesburg,
>
> Best,
>
> Rafik

---