From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2018 19:33:51 +0300
On Sat, Jul 07, 2018 at 08:13:58AM +0900, Rafik Dammak ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> when an organization applies to join, it is asked for primary and
> secondary contacts in their application.

Yes. The term in NCSG Charter is "Additional Representatives", and
there can even be several of them (NCSG-EC could limit the number):

"2.2.4.2. Additional Organizational Representation

Each Organizational Member may also designate additional individuals
to serve as Additional Representatives to the NCSG. Such Additional
Representatives may not vote, but may otherwise participate in
Committees, NCSG Constituencies, listserves, discussions, working
groups and meetings. The NCSG-EC shall, at its discretion, determine
limits to the total number of Additional Representatives any member
may appoint (provided the limit shall apply to all NCSG Organizational
Members of the same category, i.e. large or small, equally)."

Reading that I realize it isn't quite clear if such an Additional
Representatives could be elected to the Council or as the Chair.

While I see no big problem either way, it would be good to clarify it
so that an organization would have time to switch their candidate to
Official Representative position if Additional Representatives aren't
allowed to run.

--
Tapani Tarvainen