From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2018 21:27:24 +0300
On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 03:59:29PM +0200, Johan Helsingius ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
> On 07-07-18 16:41, Tapani Tarvainen wrote:
>
> > David's description below is correct, but there's another relevant
> > issue, namely gender balance: there must be at least two councillors
> > of each gender, and that is stronger than the regional balance
> > requirement.
>
> I assume we haven't had a member yet that refuses to identify
> with a specific gender, or identifies as multiple genders?

No we haven't, or at least not as a candidate in any election as far
as I know - no way of knowing about members otherwise, we don't ask
for gender in the member application form nor record it in the member
database.

Should such a person run for council - I don't know how it'd be dealt
with. One way that I could see as charter-compliant would be counting
them in neither gender category, i.e., that there'd have to be at
least two men and two women and at most two who are neither. But I can
imagine other interpretations, too.

--
Tapani Tarvainen