From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:38:15 +0200
In this context it is also interesting to read the latest letter from
the board to the WG (attached), that addresses the eligibility of
SO/ACs for funding, and also contains the comments:

"a. The org currently does not foresee a situation where it would
    need  to apply for the proceeds; and
 b. ICANN maintains legal and fiduciary responsibility over the funds,
    and the directors and officers have an obligation to protect the
    organization through the use of available resources. In such a case,
    while ICANN would not be required to apply for the proceeds,
    the directors and officers would have a fiduciary obligation to use
    the funds to meet the organization’s obligations."

	Julf