From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2018 18:25:02 +0200
Hi Milton,

I can't help wondering if we read the same paper.

You are technically correct in what you are saying regarding the
vehicle guidance systems, but the paper Stephanie posted describes
much more than that, and some of the things described there definitely
use and rely on IP and public DNS. Indeed out of the six categories of
applications listed probably only one doesn't, namely "functions
involving partially or fully automated driving" (and even some under
that actually do use it for some non-time-critical functions).

As to whether connected vehicles are IoT devices, terminology varies
and can be debated, but at least that paper explicitly says "Connected
vehicles are complex Internet of Things (IoT) systems on wheels".

Tapani