From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 22:16:42 +0300
Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for your thorough explanation.

I would, however, like to clarify two points:

(1) Even though the charter says one must vote for _exactly_ N (in this
case 3) candidates for council, voting for just one or two (or none)
is acceptable.

(2) It makes no difference whether one votes abstain or nothing at all
for a candidate. I'm not sure if "abstentions will be counted" means
explicit abstain votes are counted separately from omitted votes or
are they just added up, but in any case it would not affect the
election result. Even if some candidate gets more "abstain" votes than
positive ones they can still get elected if they get more "for" votes
than someone else.

So if, for example, you want to vote for just two candidates, you can
vote either abstain or empty for the other two (or abstain for one
and empty for the other), with exactly same effect.

Did I get it right? If not, please clarify.

Thank you.

Tapani

--
Tapani Tarvainen