From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2019 18:47:39 +0200
On 27-07-19 01:06, Ayden FĂ©rdeline wrote:

> As you may be aware, there is currently a pot of money with some $240
> million in it,
> with the community still deciding how to divvy up that cash. The New
> gTLD Auction Proceeds Cross-Community Working Group has been working
> since January 2017 to develop a mechanism for allocating these funds.

Indeed. I did post the request for comments on the draft Final Report
here a short while ago, but there were no responses.

> I am not a member of this working group, but I am subscribed to their
> list and do read their discussions. I am concerned that the NCSG does
> not have a strong precense at this critical stage, where a final report
> is being authored, and I have become concerned by a number of
> interventions of late which seek to ignore community input, rely on
> personal anecdotes (that on their surface sound a little self-interested
> to me), and do not seem to reflect the positions that the NCSG advocated
> for when we submitted a comment on their initial report. I am hoping our
> representatives there might consider becoming a bit more vocal soon.

We have been a bit hamstrung by the fact that while I volunteered
to take over the role of NCSG rep from Stephanie long ago, it took
a very long time to get the formal decision that made it official.
At the same time, the report has reached a stage where we are not
supposed to reopen any major issues, but as you note, some people
have not gotten that message, and the discussion has recently gone
off in all directions.

In preparation for tomorrow's call, do you have specific points
where the draft diverges from the NCSG comments and views?

	Julf