From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2019 13:14:40 -0400
I agree that it would be good for NCSG to draft something here, part
taking a position and part contributing to the clarity of the issues.
There are two knife edge issues here. The "opioids" issue revolves
around diverse regulations. The "incitements" issue revolves around
the context of reasonable free speech. Of course, the bigger issue is
DNS blocking per se.

I would hope that we can collectively write something where a reader
says "Now I see the issues more clearly", and not something where a
reader just says "So that is where NCSG draws the lines in the sand".

Sam Lanfranco

For example, the
Quoting Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>:

> I agree. Richard has raised some excellent points.  Do we need a
> volunteer o draft something?
>

> Stephanie Perrin
>
> On 2019-10-23 12:17, Mueller, Milton L wrote:
>
> This comment came in to me and I think it deserves attention. I
> agree with many of its points.
> NCUC and NCSG need to push back against some of the "DNS Abuse"
> policies when they get into content regulation
>
> Dr. Milton L Mueller
> School of Public Policy
> Georgia Institute of Technology

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
 in an unjust state" -Confucius
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: [log in to unmask]   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: 613 476-0429 cell: 416-816-2852