From:
James Gannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Gannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2019 01:53:54 +0000
Ethos the South African firm is not the same firm that has aquired PIR.

---

James Gannon

On 14.11.19, 01:48, "NCSG-Discuss on behalf of Carlos Afonso" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Also, the official statement from ISOC mentions that Ethos Capital is "a

    strong strategic partner that understands the intricacies of the domain

    industry and has the expertise, experience and shared values to further

    advance the goals of .ORG into the future".

    Just checked their two main websites (Ethos Capital and Ethos) - there

    is no trace of former experience in dealing with domain names (the

    acquisition of a South African service provider in 2018

    notwithstanding). "Shared values" with a financial speculator whose aim

    is just profit?

    But, let us face it, everyone knows that PIR was as flexible as any

    other registry in accepting anyone with a valid international credit

    card for .org. When the domain was auctioned, APC was the other

    contender, with a clear proposal to keep the domain as the lair of

    non-profits. Pity it did not win...

    fraternal regards

    --c.a.

    --

    Carlos A. Afonso

    [emails são pessoais exceto quando explicitamente indicado em contrário]

    [emails are personal unless explicitly indicated otherwise]

    Instituto Nupef - https://nupef.org.br

    ISOC-BR - https://isoc.org.br