From:
Ron Wickersham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Wickersham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2019 18:40:57 -0800
On Sun, 8 Dec 2019, Mueller, Milton L wrote:

> OK, we have made several modifications and it seems we are very close to an agreement. Can I ask the Policy Committee to look at the draft as it now stands so as to get through the process as quickly as possible?

Sent the message too soon....

here are the changes proposed:

refer specifically to the Registry Agreement contract as what Ethos was
aquiring.

expand remit of PIR broader than Nonprofits, to include individuals and
other organization who are noncommercial but not officially organized as
nonprofits.

added note to criterium 4 (specifies noncommercial and not "non profit".

Can we find workding that is at least as inclusive as the U.S. First
Amendment that is not nationally based?  Also can there be any external
enforcement of this "strong commitment" should PIR choose to suspend, etc.
domains as ordererd by some national government?

expand URS comment with , and not new and existing registrants to the
established ORG domain.

for the request:  urge the ICANN board to step up to both acknoweldge and
meet its clear obligations...

-ron