From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2017 10:32:41 +0300
Dear all,

As many of you have noticed, the new check-in process has not
been totally problem-free. For most people it seems to have
worked well, but some have had problems.

First of all, rest assured that we won't deprive you of vote
because of technical glitches. We'll try sending the check-in
message several times, and we can and will update the database
manually for those we can't make it work but can reach otherwise.

But if you have any problems, you can help us make this work
better in the future:

(1) If you don't see the message at all, check your spam/junk folder.
If you find it there, please mark it as "Not Spam" if you're using
Gmail or other system that provides such an option. On major reason
these messages are classified as spam is that the sender domain has
not been used for email before, and at least Google is notoriously
suspicious of brand new domains. The more people indicate these are
not spam, the less likely they'll be so classified in the future.
Also, please let me know if it goes to spam for you (preferably
offlist to avoid cluttering the list), so I get an idea of how
common it is.

(2) If you don't get the message at all, can't find it in your
spam folder either, let us know and we'll resend it to you.
(If you've already asked for it, please wait until Monday,
we'll do a batch of re-sendings then.)

(3) If you get the message but it's broken in some way or your email
client or browser can't handle it, again let us know. If we can't
fix the problem we'll update your status in the database manually.

(4) At some point we'll publish the list of checked-in voters and
ask everybody to double-check they've not been omitted, that will
also give those who've missed earlier messages a last chance to
update their status and get to the voter list.

Finally, if you have any comments on things like confusing wording
in the message or the web form or anything else about the process,
they would be most welcome.

Thank you,

Tapani

--