From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2017 09:27:13 +0300
Dear all,

Elections are upon us soon. Voter check-in process has already been
started, as I hope you all have noticed, and the key dates for the
election are as follows:

July 31  nomination period begins
Aug  13  nomination period ends
Aug  17  voter roll finalized, check-in ends
Aug  18  deadline for nomination acceptance
Aug  19  deadline for candidate statements
Aug  21  voting begins
Sep   3  voting ends
Sep   4  results announced

My apologies for delay in sending this, as nominating period is in
effect starting right now.

Up for election are:

NCSG Chair, currently Tapani Tarvainen, not eligible for re-election;

2-year Council seat, currently Marilia Maciel, eligible for one more term;

2-year Council seat, currently Stefania Milan, eligible for one more term;

2-year Council seat, held by Martin Silva Valent as temporary replacement
       for Amr Elsadr, who resigned from the council;

1-year Council seat, held by Tatiana Tropina as temporary alternate
       for Edward Morris, who also resigned from the council.

The council seats will be allocated so that 2-year terms will go to
the three with highest vote counts and the 1-year term to the fourth,
although regional and gender balance requirements may change the
order; I will send a separate message about those.

Note that the deadline given in the check-in request message was not
final, it's just the time after which we'll assume you didn't get it
and send a new one, or later try to reach you with other means. (A new
message was just sent today to those who didn't respond last week.)
The final deadline for check-in is when we finalize the voter roll,
August 17.

For our latest new members, I'm afraid you cannot vote or nominate
candidates as our charter limits that to those who've been active
members for at least 30 days. A bit surprisingly though you can,
however, run for office if someone else nominates you.

--
Tapani Tarvainen