From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:12:37 +0200
While I think it is very regrettable that Avri declined the
nomination, it does make my personal situation easier - I
was severely divided between which candidate to support for
NCSG Chair. It is still not easy, as both David and Farzaneh
are strong candidates, but I do have to lend my voice of
support to David Cake. Having worked with him in the GNSO
Council, he has constantly impressed me with his experience,
wisdom, rational approach and deep knowledge of ICANN processes
(the same goes for Avri as well).

In principle I agree with the opinion Avri expressed about
NCSG needing to ensure fresh blood in the leadership, but
I am also painfully aware of how byzantine and complicated
the ICANN structures and politics are - after two years on
the council (and 20 years of lurking in the background) I
am still scratching the surface myself. Therefore I also
feel it is important to take advantage of the experience and
collective wisdom we have built up.

Of course this is just the personal opinion of a grumpy
old man, and NCSG newcomer at that.

	Julf Helsingius, GNSO Council NCPH NCA