From:
Collin Kurre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Collin Kurre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2019 17:50:05 +0100
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the question. This is a question we pondered ourselves during
our recent CCWP-HR call a couple weeks ago. The prevailing idea is that
the assessment could be used for robust public comments and informed
interventions.

Another idea that surfaced last meeting was using the impact assessment
framework to facilitate external participation in PDPs, i.e. allow human
rights subject matter experts, governmental representatives, etc. to log
observations, recommendations, and interventions even if they're unable
to sustain engagement throughout the lifetime of the PDP. The standards
set out in the "Guidance" tab are intended to provide for a level of
continuity even if there are different individuals completing the
assessment, which would ideally allow NGOs or other under-resourced
groups to contribute to the process in a relay fashion even if they
don't have the resources for sustained engagement in PDPs.

What do you all think about that approach? Any other ideas or
suggestions? Of course, some pieces may fall into place once the WS2
recommendations are approved and implementation begins, but it never
hurts to contemplate and prepare ahead of time.

Kind regards,
Collin