From:
Michael Casadevall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Casadevall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2019 10:09:15 -0400
On 7/3/19 8:40 AM, Raoul Plommer wrote:
> While I worry that there might now be pressure to raise prices on .org
> domains,  I have to point out the assumption that
>
>     The price caps have been taken off .org domains, meaning that more
>     than 10 million largely non-profit organizations will end up paying
>     more for their online presence each year
>

> is not necessarily true.

This is somewhat missing the forest for the trees. Regardless of
position on pricing caps, we have a situation where ~3300 comments were
posted almost entirely against this change, and the justification made
by ICANN org to plow ahead at best seems weak.

Even if you're in favor of removing the price cap, what does it say when
the stakeholder community is drastically opposed to something, and it
gets pushed through anyway without an overriding legal demand or similar?

Even if I was in favor of the proposal, I'd be appalled at this state of
affairs and demanding answers. I am not certain what options NCSG has a
whole, but I will be very uncomfortable if the conversations dies and
this ultimately goes uncontested.
Michael